Card Recognition

Sunday, February 20, 2011


This week's Play Date Cafe colors are red, green and black, but they've got a special twist to this week's challenge.  They have teamed up with CASE study and are offering up a special prize if you play both challenges.  I have a literal issue, I've mentioned it before, but it's something that's just a part of who I am, both in my crafting and real world life.  So casing a card can be a challenge for me, because I want to be exactly the same.  After several attempts to get the card to look like Eva Dobilas amazing card, and then realizing that I wanted a kraft base, even though kraft is not in the color challenge, I took heart from Karen's post where she said she also made several attempts before creating her final card and just went with felt right, for me.  I started with the Hero Arts digital Friendship because I wanted to mask the butterfly stamp onto letters, but liked the print so much I decided to use a larger piece of it.  This month's Hero Arts challenge is Love & Friendship.  


Materials: Hero Arts Digital Friendship printed on vellum, Hero Arts Designer Thanks butterfly, Waltzingmouse Roses In Bloom leaves, PTI kraft card stock, Stampin Up red card stock, Spellbinders Nestabilites Scallop circles die, Tim Holtz Ornamental die, Versacolor Camilla ink, Making Memories kraft eyelets, Making Memories black eyelet

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

Yep you gotta go where your heart leads you, I'm glad that you surpassed the literal part. I can still see the CASEd card in your card though. Fantastic job.

jen said...

I think you did a fab job CASEing- I have a tough time with those!! And your finished card is great- that masked butterfly is great!!! :)

Michele Gross said...

I LOVE this! Erin, you rocked this challenge! Wonderful use of the colors and I love your card design! Glad you had fun with our Combined Grind this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Cristina said...

Oooh! Love that little masked butterfly. And I'm glad you ended up being a CASE rebel. It takes a lot of courage to consistently make cards that feel like "you." I hope you'll be back with us again!

~Tammy~ said...

Another fab card! Great job with the masked butterfly! (I know I am echoing everyone else, but it's true)! Well done!

Emily Leiphart said...

Erin, you cleaned and simplified that cased card beautifully! I love it.

yyam said...

I *heart* this! Love how you simplified it to make it your own Erin. Just brilliant! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Erin, I like your use of newsprint here. ANd I think you did a FINE job, even though it's not an exact CASE! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe.

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty Erin! Love the newsprint accents and the lovely printed flower! Thanks for joining us at our special "Combined Grind" challenge with both The Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

Ruby said...

Lovely card, I can really see how you were inspired by Eva's card, really CAS, great job! Thanks for joining in with our combined grind over that the Play Date Cafe with CASE Study!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love that text paper as a background - makes your card super trendy and super cute. Thanks for playing along at this week's combined grind at The Play Date Cafe.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a FUNcard, Erin! :) Thank you so much for joining us for our special challenge this week!

Julie Day said...

Congrats on your win Erin, your card is super cute!

DebStampsLife said...

Congratulations Erin! So happy to see your name! Terrific cards! Enjoy!

Pam W. said...

YAY Erin!!