Card Recognition

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's Cards

I've been in awe of the talent over at CASE study for awhile and I have been waiting for inspiration to hit me in a way that I felt like I was able to play along.  This week's card by Julee has some fabulous green polka dots.  I went a little green happy (funny how I didn't do a green St. Patrick's day card).  This week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger also has green polka dots, I've just opted to ignore the other colors (be proud, I've a very literal girl, that's not easy for me to do).

My next card uses the double Lawnscaping and Wee Memories challenge of "cute and cuddly" and Jay Gee's Nook colors.  I decided that my card stash need a pet sympathy card and the Lawn Fawn Critters in the 'burbs kitty cat seemed like a good option. 





And I've saved the best for last.  Ben, my 5 year old, wanted to enter his own challenge, so he's made a food card for the current Children's Challenge Corner.  (He LOVES comments, funny, he must be related to me, so if you've made it down this far in the post, please leave him some love.).


Materials: First Card, Studio G pear stamp, Hero Arts Designer Hello flower, Hero Arts dot stamp, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 8, vellum, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 1, white gel pen, Versacolor Cactus green ink, green ribbon from my stash

Second Card: PTI kraft card stock, Mint Motif dot stamp, PTI Mat Stack 2 sentiment, Lawn Fawn Critters in the 'burbs cat, yellow marker, yellow string, teal ink, Versafine black ink

Third Card: Stampin Up fruit stamps, Versafine orange ink, Versafine Cactus Green ink, Brillance Rocket Red ink

21 comments:

yyam said...

Great cards Erin! :)That monochromatic green one is just awesome!

And Ben, I love fruit too! Yours are so yummy! Love that you stamped them in all the right colors!!!

Karen B. said...

Ben, you've got excellent handwriting! Great stamping as well. Hope school is going great for you and that you are feeling better.

Erin, the green polkas are fabulous! Love the die cut shapes too.

jen said...

Erin- love your take on the challenges! the green is very fun- that cat popped up makes me smile!!
Ben- excellent stamping & I love your sentiment!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What happy cards indeed, Erin! I love your stamping... thanks for playing!

Sylvia said...

Hi Erin! Love the green card, but all of them are terrific!

Ben you get a great big smile for your card. I think it is A+ Great that you made a card for the challenge as well! I love your stamping!

Hestia's Helper said...

Aw, Ben... I love all the colors you chose! Your card is terrific!!
We are having a new Kid's Challenge at the Latte Lounge and would love for you to enter!
We're giving away a $10 Gift Certificate to Stitchy Bear Stamps!!
HERE IS A LINK
Your mom will have to join our Group first, but I think she'll like it there!
Hope to see you there!
xoxo
Stacie

Jay Gee said...

Both your cards are fantastic Erin. Love all the pokla dots! Thank you for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Ben I also really love your card too. Strawberries are my favorite!

onecraftymama said...

Ben, I love your printing! You did a fantastic job with your card :)

And Erin, I love your cards too - the kitty card is adorable, and I love the distressed polka dots - and those pears! Sweet :)

Beate said...

Great cards, Erin. Love your take on the challenges.
Ben, your card looks amazing!

Charlene said...

Love Ben's card the best!! Yours are pretty cute, too, Erin!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love Ben's card! Love the colorful fruit he stamped (I love fruit too:) Erin, your cards are adorable, I really LOVE the pear card!

Emily Leiphart said...

Ben, your fruit look good enough to eat! Your penmanship is fantastic. You are so creative to make your own sentiment!

Ok, now you, Erin. ;) Wow, two fantastic cards! The green pear card makes me happy. I love green! And your Lawn Fawn cards makes me smile, even though it's obviously for a sad occasion.

Jean Martin said...

Oh gosh these are so cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Ben, your fruit card looks so yummy!! You've used all of my favorite fruits. I'm so glad that you like to stamp with your mom. My kids (12 and 8) like to stamp with me, too. Isn't it fun to make something that you can give to someone--and then it makes *their* day?? Keep up the good work!

Erin, I'm totally literal, too, so I can appreciate the big step it was for you to ignore the other colors in the Tuesday Trigger photo lol!!!! Both of your cards are great. Have fun with Ben!

Rhiannon said...

absolutely LOVE your sailboat card!

Ben - love the bright cheerful colors you used to stamp your fruit! keep up the great work!

Laurel said...

Erin, cute cards indeed!!! All of them!! Ben, your fruits are making me hungry!!! :)

Thanks for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping/Wee Memories Bonus Challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

Great way to pack in a lot of challenges! Adorable cards! Ben is following in his Mom's footsteps! :-) Might I add that he very talented in the handwritting department for his age! You have an artist on your hands!

Cath said...

Hey Erin! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for giving it a go! :)

Julie Masse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Masse said...

I love your card Ben! Those are some of the same kinds of fruits I LOVE to eat! Thanks for playing our challenge! Your the only one so far!
Emma.
(P.S. The challenge ends this Sunday.)

Gisèle said...

Ben did an awesome job!