Card Recognition

Friday, April 1, 2011

49 and fabulous



Two takes on the same birthday card, wonder if the birthday boy would like 2 different cards?  The first one uses this week's ColourQ colors.  I was inspired by Emily's fabulous CAS card.  I sanded the layer of embossed kraft for Yvonne's current Do More With Less challenge and love the added texture it gives the card.  The second one is for this week's CASE Study.  Both cards use the Unity Book It stamp which I won from the combined Case Study/Play Date Cafe challenge a month ago.  And the second card uses a SRM sticker I won from Etsy Inspired Challenge.  I LOVE getting crafty goodies in my mailbox, especially ones I haven't paid for, woo hoo!




Materials: 1st card: PTI Big Birthday Wishes sentiment, Unity Book It background stamp, PTI By the Numbers dies and Impression plate,  Tim Holtz Embossing folder, PTI Heart Print dies, Stampin Up Kiwi Bliss cardstock, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip card stock, vellum, PTI Kraft, pink patterned paper from stash, Brillance Moonshine ink, Versafine black ink, sandpaper, Fiskars rotary scallop cutter

2nd card: Unity Book It background stamp, PTI Big Birthday Wishes sentiment, PTI By the Numbers dies and impression plate, Spellbinders Nestabilies Label 8, Spellbinders Scallop circles, SRM Sticker, My Mind's Eye Love Me Do patterned paper, vellum, green card stock, PTI kraft, Brillance Moonshine ink

18 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I love these both! Just scrumptious!

Sylvia said...

What a fabulous ColourQ card. I love that embossing and the layout of your card. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week, Erin!

yyam said...

Oh such sweet cards Erin! Love the lovely textures on them! :) Who wouldn't want yummy cards? ;)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Debbie's challenge! :)

Karen B. said...

Free stuff is always a good thing. I've got to say that I love what you've done with the SRM stickers, so fresh and fun, and great colors too.

Pam W. said...

Oh my Erin, I love both cards, but that first one - LOVE!! That background made with the impression plate adds so much depth to your design. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

Virginia L. said...

Looks like you are having tons of fun from your SRM Sticker win from the EIC!! Way to go! I love the two different versions of cards!!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

FABULOUS!!! Love your take on those challenges!!!
Have a great week-end!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are wonderful, Erin! I especially love the stunning combination of brilliant green and polka dotted red on the second card. I need to make use of Big Birthday Wishes myself. :)

Renée said...

fabulous! love the big numbers, the embossing, the layouts! thanks for playing at ColourQ :)

Pam Speidel said...

GREAT idea to showcase the age with the big numbers! Super cards!

Cristina said...

I love your CASE card! The texture on both is wonderful. Rock on!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!! What fun that you won a stamp set---awesome! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

jen said...

great job, girlfriend! Although I'd kill you if you put my age on the front of the card...ha!

Diane Jaquay said...

What FUN cards!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How very sweet and creative! LOVE these!

Emily Keaton said...

Congrats on your cQc Courtier win for the top card, Erin!! You used your new {free} goodies fantastically. :)

dstandard said...

WOw these are awesome - that first one just blew me away! Thanks for playing with my challenge!

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats on being a ColourQueen Courtier! Awesome!