Card Recognition

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

hello friend/CASE Study





This week's CASE Study card by Silke inspired me with the text and the fruit.  I just received my goodies from Core'dinations as a prize for winning Yvonne's challenge and I'm in love!  Look how fabulous the cardstock looks sanded down, my DH was even intrigued, he threatened to put me to work sanding some window trim at our new house.

Materials: Stampin Up cherry, PTI All Booked Up impression plate, PTI coaster, SRM sentiment sticker, Core'dinations Stacy Julian cardstock, black and cream cardstock from stash, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 1, May Arts silk ribbon, PTI button die, Paper Phine twine

7 comments:

Christina said...

This is fabulous, Erin! I love die cut windows, and it's especially cute the way the white frame is debossed with text. I have never tried the Core'dinations cardstock, but it adds so much fun texture to this card, especially the faux button!

Cristina said...

Eeeeek! So cute!

jen said...

this is FAB! Love that distressed/embossed button & text!!!

Karen B. said...

Dan might be on to something there...
Love what you did with the bold red paper!
So I got home from work to discover a package in the mail full of all sorts of goodies. Thank you!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Awww, this is such a lovely card, Erin! Great job with the inspiration :)

Sue Kohler said...

Beautifully done Erin, a stunning tribute to Silke's card, I just adore the window you have created and also the colours are striking!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

HAHAHA, too funny what your husband said. Somehow I think sanding paper for a card isn't quite the same as real chores. :P Your card is beautiful! I love how you emboss your frames and the red looks fabulous showing through.