Card Recognition

Saturday, June 4, 2011

CASE cards

This month's CASE Study muse is Jill Foster who makes the most amazing cards, seriously every single one of them looks like it should be framed and put on the wall.  So I humbly used her card as a jumping off point for today's card.  Since I don't have an ink pad that color I went for the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Faded Jeans, which then left me with thinking about the current Off the Wall Craftiness colors.  If you check on my blog on a regular basis you'll see in the last week I've been experimenting with the faux letterpress process by inking up impression plates.  I've got 5 more days to finish up my commissioned cards for my friend who sells books, so I think there might be a few more texty/book cards in the next few days. 





And since I was in the spirit of CASEings, I made a card for the the Waltzingmouse Stamps SOAP case your favorite card challenge.  I've used Anya's card

Materials: Hero Arts Designer Thanks, PTI Book Print Impression plate, Tim Hotlz Distress Ink Faded Jeans, Basic Grey rub ons, Core'dinations card stock, black sharpie

Second card: Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It With Style frame, Gina K Designs Lovely Labels 1 senitment, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, May Arts ribbon, Versafine black ink, Stampin Up oval scallop punch, teal card stock

19 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Both of these are really nice, Erin! You captured the spirit of your inspiration cards perfectly. :)

Karen B. said...

No way, can you share some of your mojo with me? I love to the capital L both of these cards so much. Way to go with the techniques and the simplicity. You are truly an inspiration.

yyam said...

You've been on a roll! These are fabulous!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both are beautiful!! Love the letterpress look of the first!! And your ribbons and colors are just lovely on the second!!

Jill said...

LOVE your letterpress background.
L-O-V-E!

Thanks for your kind words, too. HUGS!

Debbie Carriere said...

Great cards!!! Love your "letterpress" technique - looks wonderful with that impression plate :)

~Tammy~ said...

The letterpress technique came out great! Wonderful cards! So happy when you play along with us at OTWC!

lynn said...

love the letterpressing with the dotted corner and random stamped flowers, erin!

how clever to emboss inside the sentiment tag!

Sharon said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the inked letterpress on the top one, and the clean lines of the bottom one. Beautiful CASE.
Sharon xx

jen said...

look at you go! that letterpress is so cool- love it in the otwc colors! and I spy May Arts ribbon- well used!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Great take on the OTWC colors this week - loving that text! Thanks so much for playing along.

Jean Martin said...

Oh Erin this is beautiful! I have been wanting that impression plate!!! And after seeing how you used it...I want it more!!! So glad you could join us on CASE study challenge this week! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh this is lovely! I need that impression plate too! lol

Amy said...

I love that text on your first card! Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with OTWC!

Julia Aston said...

Two pretty cards! love how you used the twill on the case'ing of Anya's card!

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are awesome Erin! Love the beautiful layered sentiment and the embossed background on the second! Fab CASEd project!

Debgem said...

Lovely CASEd cards - I particularly like the SOAP CASE card - the ribbons look fab!

Jen said...

Wonderful cards Erin. I love the letter press in the first especially and the lovely ribbon treatment paired with the Swiss dots of the second. Pretty fabulous!