Card Recognition

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

THANKS




I recently went to the Bay Area for a wedding and while there got the opportunity to walk around a Paper Source shop (one of my long time favorite places) and I couldn't help myself and bought a sheet of this paper.  Then at the gym yesterday a girlfriend was wearing an athletic top that looked just like the paper, but with fabulous purple and grey highlights, I thought of taking a photo of her top, but then who really wants their picture taken at 6am at the gym?  So take my word for it, this card, with Dawn's lovely, absence of color/sketch CASE Study card and some twine for the All Things Unity challenge came together.  Simon Says Stamps is having an anything goes challenge this week and they're trying to reach a new record, so here's another card for their challenge.  I'm thinking if I can motivate I'd love to make a cute set of cards with the paper to give as a small present to the friend who got married.  (Edited to say that my husband used the card to send to a family friend, so much for the wedding present idea).

Materials: Paper Source paper, Unity Favorite words sentiment, water color pencils, PTI banner die, vellum, black card stock, Tim Holtz ornamental die, Twinery charcoal twine, button, Versafine black ink, Fiskars corner rounder punch

15 comments:

lynn said...

so pretty, erin! love your pop of color:)

Sylvia said...

So pretty! Love how you used one flower to color purple and gray, Erin! Have a fun day!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Pretty creation dear.

Karen B. said...

Love the color combination and hearing where your inspiration strikes you! Please, Do share more of that in the future if you ever have the time!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is really great, Erin!! I can see why you just had to buy a sheet of that paper. It looks great with the purple highlights. :) And what a great idea to stamp your sentiment on vellum--doesn't cover up too much of the pretty pattern that way!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a beauty! I love your "highlighted" bloom!

Julie said...

Love this - with just the touch of color!! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!

Paper Pie said...

Very pretty card and love the focal point. Great job!

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty...love the pop of color!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my goodness, WOW, Erin! This is stunning. That paper is gorgeous and I love the bit of purple. The twine and button finishes it off so elegantly!

yyam said...

Classy and elegant! Love that bit of color right in the center of the bloom! Gorgeous Erin! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love this-love the hint of purple and the b/w design! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at ATU!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is REALLY PRETTY, Erin!! LOVE the touches of purple and grey you added to the paper!!! And so jealous that you got to visit a Paper Source shop!!!! WOW!! I've seen their products on-line but have never had the opportunity to visit an actual shop!!!

jen said...

ohhhh! those highlights are so pretty!!! :)

jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.