Card Recognition

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just a Note



The fabulous Amy sent me a card, as a thank you for some RAK and I deconstructed her card (is that bad?) so I could play along with The Craft's Meow sketch challenge, how else am I going to win some of their fabulous stamps?  Amy always has such bright colors, but I'm sorry I went for my tried and true favorite of kraft and red (so I'm going to enter this in the CASE Study challenge, since this is my signature color combo), so I added a bit of faux stitching to channel a bit more of Amy's style.  I borrowed Karen's paper clip idea and added a SRM sticker (faux stitching) so I could play with the CAS-ual Friday gals.  This is my second post of the day, scroll down for my last GDT 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday card.  And while thinking of 365 Cards this card works for Thursday's challenge of "buried deep", find 2 items you've never used, so I've got some fun My Mind's Eye journaling elements that I bought back in May, click here to see my Ben Franklin paper spree, and since I used Amy's fun Craft's Meow image that was a newbie for me too...

Materials: The Craft's Meow Timeless Tags & Happiness Is..., PTI Notebook die, Cuttlebug Just My Type embossing folder, SRM Sticker, My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Patterned Paper, My Mind's Eye Garden Party journaling tabs, Twinery cappuccino twine, Tim Holtz Distress Ink antique linen, PTI kraft card stock, paper clip

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Well check you out...

I
LOVE
IT!!!!!!!

You go Girl!

jen said...

go challenge girl, go!!! :D
I really love this- I think it's all the polka dots!!! :D

artfuldelight said...

Fabulous, LOVE it!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yay Erin! Awesome card!!! Deconstructing is like recycling, which is GOOD! ;) Thanks so much for playing in our sketch challenge!

Hugs,
Lisa

Karen B. said...

Yay for cheap crafting supplies like paperclips! Great card, and it really shows your signature style I think.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOL! I love what Karen said--cheap crafting supplies! I totally agree:) I love that polka dot paper! FUN take on this sketch--I love flipping sketches or changing it fit my style! YOU ROCK:)

~Tammy~ said...

You are too funny! Totally an Erin card, but I think it's missing your secret favorite color *Pink*!

Emily Leiphart said...

What do you mean deconstructed Amy's card? LOL I love those polka dot brackets!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Erin! Love the red and kraft, and I know It is your fav!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Erin...love the splash of red and the fabulous twine accent! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Laura Davis said...

What a cool card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Jaclyn Miller said...

Fabulous colors, everything just pops. I had no idea they had faux stitching stickers - what a time saver. :) Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Julie Day said...

What a great color combo! Love the faux stitching sticker and the sentiment box. Great use of materials :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!