Card Recognition

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Super Sketchy Sunday let your dreams take flight



Welcome to another 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday, thanks Pam and the DT for having me as a guest this month, it's been fun.  I'd love to see what you do with the sketch!  And since I'm a challenge loving gal I added an American Crafts sticker to the layout (which I won from Paper Crafts), which works great for the current CAS-ual Fridays "Stuck on You" challenge.  CASE Study Challenge is having a "signature you" challenge, and I'm thinking that this card pretty much says CAS, which is me.  I love the idea of taking a sketch and adding simple elements to the design (i.e. the faux embossed stitching), I'll never be the girl who can pull off the shabby chic 10 layered card, and that's okay, because there are plenty of fabulous folks who do it with style.  And since A Passion for Papertrey is having an anything goes challenge, I'll enter another card in their challenge, because this sentiment from Happy Trails is just perfect!

Materials: Hero Arts border, Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It, PTI Happy Trails sentiment, American Crafts sticker, Tim Holtz distress inks tumbled glass, weathered wood, Versafine black ink, Cuttlebug Just My Type embossing folder

21 comments:

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

What a fabulous card! Love your distressed bg and the way you used the frames - PERFECT!

yyam said...

This is awesome Erin! Love the background...so artsy! :)

Karen B. said...

Wow, beautiful card. Love how the background makes the sticker just pop. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

~amy~ said...

fun card Erin...love that hot air balloon!

jen said...

this is so fun- a great take on the sketch- love the way you used the frames!!!! and a very fun sticker too!

Vanda Symon said...

Great card Erin, love the way you've offset the frames and the balloon is just divine.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE that distressing--and your scallops on the side! SUPER FUN card!

Aimes said...

Such a clever use of that sketch with those frames, Erin! Love it!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lindsey Wood said...

OOOH! I love this card! It is so great! Nice use of the sketch!

Laura Davis said...

What a great card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!!
Laura

Jenny said...

Love the two twisted frames Erin, fab card :)
Jenny x

Julie said...

Great job! I love the frames on this one. I also love your CAS style! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week.

Lisa said...

All of super things going on here! Love the cute balloon and the line frames!

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW!! Ok, this is a new favourite of mine. All I could say was, "Oohhh, look at that! And that! And that!" I just love it.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Erin! I love that balloon.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, love the balloon and the distressed look. Thank you very much for stopping by my blog.

cbuswell said...

Fabulous card, love the frames! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This project is super cute! The frames are an awesome feature and that hot air balloon in the clouds makes me swoon! Great use of stickers! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Rose said...

another card to ROCK the sketch girl :)

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE your card for this!!!! such a cool design!!!

Manoli Navarro said...

La tarjeta es tan bonita!!!
Tu dices que no podrías añadirle 10 capas a la tarjeta, pero es que no las necesita, es perfecta!!!
Es un placer tenerte como compañera!