Card Recognition

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday's Cards


 Tuesday's cards...  I decided to channel Amy's patterned paper and color creative style and go outside of my normal CAS agenda (can you believe there's no white on this card?).  I've used this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch and a bunch of fun My Mind's Eye Lime Twist paper.



This card uses Dawn's CASE Study layout and a few of her WPlus9 stamps.  I was thinking I'd send it to my friends who just got married (I put the postmark as their wedding date), but my DH thinks it's more a travel card then a wedding card, thoughts?  I had vision of a big congrats up the side, but decided to keep it simple in the end.

Materials: Balloon card, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Paper, Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It sentiment, Cuttlebug Just My Type Embossing folder, Twinery twine, Raindrop ring, white gel pen, Versafine black ink, PTI kraft card stock, American Crafts balloon sticker

Postage Stamp card: WPlus9 Spring Post stamps, WPlus9 Postmarked, PTI kraft card stock, Core'dinations Sugar and Spice card stock, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, Versafine black ink, Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen ink, May Arts natural fiber, Fiskars corner rounder punch

10 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh Erin, these are all so great! Love the hot air balloon pocket with the fun papers. That flower card is so lovely with the added dimension and the sweet scalloped border!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Fabulous creations dear.

lynn said...

darling hot air balloon, erin! and i love the green pop of color on your kraft card:)

Karen B. said...

Ooh, patterned paper! I like seeing patterned paper on your blog. I think the second card works for a wedding for sure!

Julia Aston said...

Three pretty creations Erin! Your hot air balloon card is so fun!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh, very cute! Both of them :)

~amy~ said...

Awwwww..... How fun!!!! Lovelovelove the hot air balloon card!!!! Fab mix of colors & patterns!!!! Love the boldness of the 2nd one in a CAS style:)

yyam said...

That hot air balloon one has my name on it!!! *winks*

I love the little postage stamps on kraft...I think it works for weddings! :)

Sylvia said...

Fun cards, Erin! I love them both. Have a fun Wednesday!

jen said...

these are great- and I think it's so cool that you put their wedding date as the postmark! a GREAT wedding card!!!