Card Recognition

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Travel Card


Emily sent me this fabulous birthday card earlier this year because of our family vintage camping trailer and included in the card a few inked up copies of this fabulous Unity stamp.  I decided to use the stamp (no more hoarding!) and chose to combine a couple of challenges.  I used this week's CASE Study, just left out a few items in Julie's fabulous card (see below).  And then I wanted to play along with Artful Delight's birthday bash, pick a tic-tac-toe, I choose "Make a Card, travel and use kraft".  And lastly 365 Cards has a "summer vacation masculine style" challenge and this card is perfect with the kraft/brown and red colors.  This card would've been perfect for my husband's 3 week road trip with our children, perhaps I'll stash it away for next summer when he goes on another adventure with the boys.... 



Materials: Unity Destination Happiness stamp, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, patterned paper from stash, PTI kraft an chocolate brown card stock, black card stock, Tim Holtz Distress ink fired brick, water color pen, black ink


11 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, Erin, I'm just thrilled that you were able to use that image!!! I love how you used the sketch with it, and the woodgrain in the background sets it off perfectly. And I know that you've got lots of woodgrain inside your sweet little trailer ;). My fingers are crossed for you in all of those challenges!

June Houck said...

Terrific! I agree with Emily, the woodgrain is a great background with your trailer image :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Super fun card--of course you would use this camper! It's a total match to your camper! LOVE it! LOVE how you matched this stamp/sentiment with woodgrain paper--FAB FAB FAB:)

jen said...

Love how this turned out! It will be perfect to tuck away for the next adventure the boys have! :D

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great card. The sentiment is fantastic, and it looks wonderful with that adorable little trailer. This card makes ME happy!

artfuldelight said...

Awesome card!! I love the sentiment!! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight's first blog hop challenges. :-)

Jenny said...

Cute little caravan and the perfect sentiment to go with it :)
fab card.
Jenny x

~amy~ said...

Perfect-o!

Kim Mc said...

Oh so adorable, Erin! Love this little camper and what a perfect take on this week's 365 Cards Wednesday challenge! Thanks so much for playing along teamie and can't wait to see what you do next!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

Jean Martin said...

Love the clean lines! What a great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very cool card! Makes me smile :)