Card Recognition

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday Cards


I wanted to play along with CASE Study's fabulous muse this week (blush Ms. Jen), so I pulled out the QuicKutz "Happy Holidays" die and made a birthday card (which works well for the Moxie Fab World Die challenge).  Then I had another idea, so I pulled out the birthday cake punch (which works great for the Moxie Fab World Punches Challenge).  I wanted to play along with the WMS "Sweet Treats" blog hop today, but I started my day off with frozen pipes at home and then at work, so let's just say my day hasn't exactly gone to plan... so I missed the deadline.



And since tomorrow is my grandfather's birthday I asked the boys to make a card too.  Josh chose to raid my scrap drawer and assemble the following card.




Ben originally pulled out WMS Half Pint Hereos ("his" stamp set thanks to Claire), so I told him to try to make a card based on the current WMS sketch and this is what he created (not sure what happened to the Half Pint Hereos, but Say It Loud works well too).  As always, Ben LOVES comments, so if you leave a comment on today's post, please mentions his... 

Materials: PTI Big Birthday Wishes, QuickKutz Lifestyle Crafts die, Authentique paper, ribbon, PTI cream card stock, Versafine black ink, Fiskars corner rounder

WMS Frame It Sentiment, Paper Source birthday cake punch, Coredinations card stock, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist patterned paper, Twinery twine, Versafine black ink

20 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You certainly make me blush, Erin! I just love the "happy" on the first card- it looks great popped up off of the blue background. I like how different it looks compared to the font of "birthday." And the cards by your boys? So sweet!

Christina said...

Two fantastic takes on the challenge, Erin! I especially love that big "Happy" die cut and the way it looks against the patterned paper.
Ben, you must have inherited your mom's stamping talent! I love how you stamped on the ribbon--I will have to try that!

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute cards!!!

Kelly S. said...

Ben, I just love the colors on your card. You make following the weekly sketches look easy :)! And Josh...you have got me thinking that there are TONS of treasures in my scrap basket...I'll have to peek in there this week. And ERIN! I love your sweet little cake die cuts all decked out with stars. YOU have me wanting to bust out a fun green color this week :)!!!!

~amy~ said...

Ben, your card is FABulous! Such a great take on the sketch! Your Great Grandpa is going to LOVE it!

~amy~ said...

Erin, now how fun is this post? Chock full of fab cards:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Erin- What awesome cards and Ben- your cards rocks dearie!!! Hope all is well...

yyam said...

Really lovely cards Erin! Good job Ben and Josh too! :)

Karen B. said...

That first card is so modern and graphic and so clean, wow. Great job Ben and Josh, it is so neat to see your results after a crafty session with your mom!

Michele Gross said...

wonderful collection! That first one really knocked my socks off :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, the cards the boys made are wonderful! I love how the happy is partly stamped on ribbon and I even see a penguin. Heehee. :D Your card is gorgeous, too, Erin! ;) You should use that die cut more often 'cause it looks fabby, especially the way you've used it here.

Deborah Frings said...

Your CASE cards are just super! And the boys have obviously inherited the talent. Great work!

Renee said...

Both of your cards are fabulous...
love that cake punch...
so creative!

And Ben...
your card is awesome!
You did an incredible job with the sketch and love the bright beautiful colors!

jen said...

Absolutely love that first 'happy' card (which works for the MFW die cut challenge too, no?)! and what a great Couple of cards by the boys! Love their creativity!

lynn said...

boo to the frozen pipes! both cards are lovely, erin:)

josh, way to use the scraps-awesome!
ben, you rocked this sketch challenge!

Super Jen said...

Way to go, guys! I bet your mom loves having someone to craft with.

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

WOW! So many cool cards in one post! What great take on the sweet theme (buhh for frosen pipes and work) for the hop and I LOVE your take on the WMSC - really super creative!!!

Sylvia said...

What a fun birthday card, Erin! Love all the cards. Have a wonderful day and Happy birthday to your grandfather.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love that large happy sentiment on the first card! And those three cupcakes are FABULOUS--I always want more cake on my bday! LOL!

And Josh and Ben did a FABULOUS job on their cards--they made me smile! I love the taped ribbon--and I LOVE how Ben followed along with the sketch! LOOOOOOVE Josh's use of scraps! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Happy birthday to your grandfather!

Cath said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)