Card Recognition

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

More skier cards and a CASE study card

This post is basically a continuation of last night's post-- more goodies to put in a care package for my sister.  I mass produced, can you believe it?  I left the cards blank for whatever she uses them for, but my thoughts behind it were something to the effect of honoring those we've lost and celebrating what we love.




I embossed a sheet of vellum with the PTI snowflake impression plate and wrapped with twine.




Next up another card... I wanted to play along with the CASE Study challenge this week, I get that my card doesn't really look anything like Karola's, but since I won some stamps from My Thoughts Exactly (this week's sponsor of CASE Study), I thought I'd better make something...  Not sure what my excuse is for the upside down cloud.  Thanks again for all the positive thoughts on the last couple of posts, once again I love how giving the blogland community is.

Materials: Skier cards; custom stamp, Twinery Carcoal twine, Versafine black ink, PTI white card stock, Making Memories eyelet punch.  

Packaging: Vellum, PTI impression plate, Twinery Maraschino Twine

Wishing you Well card: My Thoughts Exactly sentiment, SRM sticker, May Arts ribbon, PTI cloud die, PTI double sided banner die,  Cuttlebug embossing folder, Tim Holtz distress inks faded jeans and tumbled glass, Smooch Vanilla Ice spritz, Core'dinations card stock, Fiskars rotary cutter scallop blade

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome job of mass production...I'm like you, don't dig doing that. Your sister will appreciate them!

Love your second card and to be honest with you, I didn't notice the cloud until I read it in your post:) It's a fabulous card...love the texture and color!

Emily Keaton said...

The cards for your sister are super, Erin. I love their simplicity. And I definitely see the CASE study card in your second creation--I love all that fabulous texture!

Karen B. said...

I probably would have noticed the upside down cloud eventually but now that you pointed it out, that is all I can see! Hah! Love the crisp clean nature of your first set, reminds me of a fresh blanket of snow.

~Tammy~ said...

I love love the set of cards you created for your sister! So so cute and fun!

FLEUR de Lo said...

I just went and read the article you linked in your other blog post. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. :( How awful. :(

Lynn said...

I love the CASE study card. Have to admit it 100% intimidated me so I took a pass this week. But...you rocked it and I'm sure your sister will love it! And...you made me laugh about the upside down cloud..definitely something I would do too!

Rose said...

your sis is going to love the cards :)

so how do you tell if a cloud is upside down anyway?? lol

Jenny said...

LOve your mass cards, great idea girl. And I love your second card. So cute!

Debstamps said...

The chairlift cards are wicked fun! And I love what you did with the white texture/cloud cutouts! Terrific work!! [and yes...it was me:)]

Maureen said...

always love negative images...upside down or not :) I can totally see your inspiration :) Thanks for joining us over on CASE Study this week :)

jen said...

Great group of cards, and the vellum wrap is so pretty! You crack me up with your cloud, but is there a wrong way to use a cloud? ;)

Eileen Ng said...

I love how clean your designs are! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Alyssa Leanne said...

Love your cards Erin! Upside down cloud and all :P I love the background you have behind the clouds! Beautiful :)

<3 Alyssa
www.MyThoughtsExactly.co

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your mass-produced cards! You're so thoughtful to make those for your sister. I can't imagine the time it took to string and tie all the twine! Love your CASE study card, too, and the way you sponged the background behind the clouds!

Lisa Petrella said...

Love love love those skier cards!!! And the way you packaged them with the sleeve of embossed vellum and twine---PERFECTION!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just love those skier cards--SO SO SO CLEVER! YOU ROCK:)

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, your skier cards are amazing...love the bit of twine to add the perfect touch...you are very clever! And your case study card is awesome...is there really a wrong way to put a cloud? *smile*