Card Recognition

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

let your dreams take flight



Today's card is for this week's CASE Study challenge.  My sister's name is Megan and I wanted to send her a card for braving her soul on some writing assignments.  She's just finished a book proposal and it's not exactly a warm and fuzzy story, so when at a loss for word to express my love, why not make a card? I've also used some fabulous May Arts ribbon, because some fabulous bloggy pals have perhaps convinced me I should throw my hat in for their DT call.  

Materials: PTI Happy Trails, Tattered Angels butterfly chipboard, May Arts ribbon, PTI rustic white & simply chartreuse card stock, PTI linen impression plate

12 comments:

jen said...

Yay!
This is stunning! Really! I love how the ribbon is highlighted through the die & the amazing texture, without being busy...
Good luck!!!

Lynn said...

Wow! You made the most of your morning. Love the scrumptious ribbon and that gorgeous butterfly. I'm sure your sister will really appreciate it.

Aimes said...

Oh how I love that ribbon, Erin! I've hoarded my stash of that stuff for *ages*, you've inspired me to actually use it! LOL!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs!
x

Karen B. said...

Lovely and sophisticated, elegant and so crisp and clean.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOO pretty! LOVE this take on the CASE study challenge! FAB!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a sweet idea! Fabulous!! Thank you for joining us for a CASE Study challenge this week!! xx

Maureen said...

what a cool card! LOVE that butterfly :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study!! Great to see you there :)

~amy~ said...

wowza....way to rock the ribbon! that card is super WOW!

Virginia L. said...

Love the ribbon treatment with the butterfly diecut!! So very beautiful, Erin!

Kary said...

Hi Erin! This is a Beautiful card for your sister. Love the ribbon and the monogram butterfly centre piece is Awesome. LOVE this card!! {hugs}

FLEUR de Lo said...

You're such a kind sibling! As a total book nerd I wish your sister all the best in her pursuit.

To this day I have yet to make a monogram card. Yours is beautiful.

Rose said...

*gasp* this is stunning girl :)
i am loving the butterfly!!