Card Recognition

Monday, August 6, 2012

you make me smile...happy birthday


Happy Monday!  I've got a card for the 365 Cards challenge today, the theme is "a spot of color" and we've got a special sponsor this week, Robyn's Fetish Digital Images.  Come play along with us this week for a chance to win 5 digital images.  I used the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge as my jumping off point for the card.


Next up I've got a CAS card with The Play Date Cafe colors.  I figured it'd be nice to use Anya's Playful Pinwheels stamp set (which I won from playing on with the WMS sketch challenge) for her debut on PDC, woo hoo!  And since I wanted to play along with the CASE Study birthday blog hop, so my "signature style" is clean and simple.  It's been a busy weekend in my next of the woods, check out my work blog on the wine tasting event and the craft market.

Materials: Robyns Fetish digital image, Waltingmouse Stamps Pint Sized Heroines, Spellbinders large scallop die, Cuttlebug embossing folder borders, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, Versafine black ink, water color pencils, acetate, vellum and PTI white card stock

2nd card: Waltzingmouse Stamps Playful Pinwheels, The Crafts Meow Retro Foundations, Pebbles patterned paper, brad, Versafine black ink, Tim Holtz distress ink 

21 comments:

Lynn said...

both are so sweet...love that gorgeous pin wheel Erin!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love this sweet, paper pieced pinwheel!! Thanks for linking up to the CASE Study challenge!! xxx

jen said...

These are both great- really love that pinwheel!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Great cards, Erin! LOVE that vellum (?) window on the first! Such a bright, airy feeling! And the movement your little pinwheel gives to your PDCC card is just fabulous! TFS!

anya said...

Erin, you are so cute! Thank you for sharing in my excitement over at the PDC! Your pinwheel creation is perfectly pretty - I love the double layers! So glad that you joined us for this week's color challenge at the Play Date Cafe!

Lalo said...

Two sweet cards!!!

Rose said...

love your fun pinwheel card :)

Asha said...

That little birdie is tooo cute! Lovely cards.Thanks for sharing, Erin,

Kim said...

Just too cute, what an adorable little birdhouse and bird, so sweet.

Belinda Langner said...

Super sweet! Love the birdhouse in the first card and the fabulous pinwheel in the second!

Maureen said...

gorgeous CAS! Love your style! Thanks for helping us celebrate 2 years over on CASE Study :)

Ruby said...

Such great cards, I especially love how you've done the pinwheel, it brings me back to my childhood! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Jeanne J said...

Your birdie is so sweet - better still is the pinwheels as a nod to Anya at PDC! What a sweetie YOU are!

Virginia L. said...

Both are awesome! The pin wheel card is lovely and delightful!

Jean said...

They are both so sweet ~ Love the sentiment on the first one!

Donna Bowman said...

Love the pinwheel! Thanks for playing this week at the PDCC!

~amy~ said...

I've been such a slacker the last couple days so now I'm playing catch up since i have the day off:)

Love both of your cards but I gotta tell you, that pinwheel rocks!

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Julia Aston said...

Two fun summertime cards Erin!

Angi said...

Love that playful pinwheel. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great takes on the challenge, I love the vertical passes of embossing on the first one and the use of negative space, well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Jean Martin said...

Wonderful cards Erin! Love the little "window" behind the birdhouse. So very creative! Thank you for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)