Card Recognition

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so I was told I could go potter this morning, so I went and played with stamps, what a fabulous treat.  While I'm officially working today, I only need to deal with a crisis if one arises and have closed the office.  So I'm sticking close to home, nursing my cold and being thankful for family.  Today's card is based on Angeline's stunning card for CASE Study.  I've used the same set that Chupa used on her DT card, Karen's Golden Days.  CASology's theme this week is "Gobble" and that's certainly a thought I have when I think of Thanksgiving.  My card started off as a one layer cards and then I smeared all the ink with distress stain, so I cropped it with Lil Inker's Stiched Mats (my new favorite dies).


Next up is the sample card I made for the Cub Scout troop the other night, let's just say that none of their cards looked like mine, but they all used the same elements, in their own way.  I've included a photo of Ben making his card (for ~amy~), I was asked not to share the other photos of the boys, but let's just say it's cute to see a gang of little boys in Cub Scout uniforms working with the Big Shot, ink, stamps and paper.





And this card is for CAS(E) this sketch, I don't know about you, but this is one of my new favorite cards.  And I leave you with a fun leaf photo I took last month....  


Materials: The Craft's Meow Golden Days, Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It Loud Holidays, Lil Inker Stictched Mats, PTI cream and kraft card stock, Tim Holtz distress inks aged maghony, mustard seed and gathered twigs, PTI kraft ink, Versagine black ink

2nd card: Hero Arts sentiment, Unity background, Tim Holtz leaf die, Coredinations card stock, Artful delight papers, Versafine black ink, May Arts natural burlap string

3rd card: Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It sentiment, Simon Says Stamps hexagon and flower die, PTI dark chocolate and pure poppy card stock and rustic white, Lil Inker Stitched frame die

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

awwwwwwwww....love the pic of Ben...uniform and all! Lil Dude needs to come over to my house and I can put him to work:)

Love your Thanksgiving card...awesome choices of colors. The Boy Scout card is MAGNIFICENT....it's like on a faux tag...LOVE it.

oy oy oy...your CAS(E) this sketch card...LOVE...how did you do the middle punchy thing? Sorry...read your deets...awesome hexagon die and LOVE those flowers.

Gorgeous pic...I've been really enjoying your photography.

I have a cold too...pahooey...got it from my girl...grrrrrr....

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

elizabetakushner said...

Nice work! The colors are great!

Ardyth said...

Love these rich autumn colours! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

lovely thanksgiving card... thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Rose said...

happy thanksgiving :) hope you feel better soon!!!
ben is so cute making his card, he looks focused!
awesome cards girl :)

Sylvia said...

Hope you had a good day despite the cold, Erin! Love all the photo's and the cards are awesome! Good job with the scouts, I love working with children too, they are always so eager and receptive. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Lynn said...

I love the concentration on Ben's face...awesome! Your cards are all gorgeous...great minds think alike on the first one. And I'm with you on the dies on the last one. Beyond fabulous. Hope your cold goes away quickly!

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin your card for this week and the CASE is really amazing--LOVE. Ben looks like he is enjoying what he is doing, my Ben (17) always has loved using my stuff for school projects and giving me his honest opinion on what I am making. Wonderful memories. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

jen said...

You already know how I feel about these cards- particularly the hex one! So fun seeing ben at work! I bet it was really fun to see them all at work!

Karen B. said...

You have been busy and each card is more amazing than the last. I've been enjoying your photography as well, and you know how I feel about that... (hint hint)

maria f. said...

I really love your leaves with that stamped delicate BG behind them. AND the negative die cut on your kraft card is uber-cool. Love that.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Great cards! The last one with the bright white flowers is very striking!!! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jeanne J said...

Your cards are all beautiful! Love your style - and I know you are so sweet on the inside too - scouting can be challenging :) Keep up the good work and spreading happiness!

Gayatri Murali said...

Gorgeus cards, Erin! I love your take on CAS(E) this Sketch, sketch! Very unique and fab! Thanks for playing along with us :)

Debby said...

Oh lots of fun photos and cards :) Love the depth of colours in your Thanksgiving card. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Julie Day said...

Love the white flower silhouette against those punched circles with the color popping through :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!