Card Recognition

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Purple Parade and drinks

Good morning, I've got a few cards to share, so grab a cup of coffee.  I've been working on a few purple "good job/congrats" cards and I've got a semi-unrealistic goal that I can mail all 10 of them off today.



This one uses this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  I used water color pencils on the pinwheel and distress ink on the background and gave both a nice spritz of perfect pearls.  I used a vellum border for the extra layer for the sketch.  Always fun to play with WMS stamps.



This card is for the CASE Study challenge, it is basically a redo of this card, just different SRM sticker and Coredinations card stock at an angle.  


Happy Mail, don't you think the Purple Onion "Happy Mail" stamp would be great for a congrats card?



And the final card isn't a purple congrats card, but I wanted to share it anyway.  I've used the The Craft's Meow Sketch and this week's PTI Make It Monday Challenge.  I got my first shipment of May Arts ribbon for my posts on their blog (can you see the grin from there?).  So I had to use my new MA Satin Pleats, it's kinda hard to tell from this photo, but it's hiding behind the acetate window, very classy looking.  Toasting my wine drinking friend tomorrow for her birthday.  The Ribbon Lady has another great giveaway if you decide that you have to have this ribbon, click here to leave a comment on your favorite type of pizza.  If you made it this way you deserve a drink!  If you missed my link earlier on the Halloween fun in my neck of the woods click here to see some cool photos.  Over and out, off to make a few more purple cards.


15 comments:

Karen B. said...

Purple, purple scares me. Purple doesn't seem to scare you however because this showcase of cards is amazing. And I really like the pleated ribbon!

Renee said...

A fabulously fun take on this week's sketch!
And in purple!
Gotta love it! :)
What a great collection of cards...
and agree that "Happy Mail" is a great Congrats card! :)

Rose said...

girl you rocked the purple!!!
it is such a hard color for me to work with.

Kelly S. said...

Love that pinwheel in the oval, Erin! It's so adorable in purple...the coloring even makes me think that it's spinning! The little wildflower card is amazing with the color blocking!

Claire Brennan said...

I love how you framed the pinwheel Erin! fabby card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Angelnorth said...

Great collection of cards - love your vellum framing for the WMS pinwheel one!

Pauline said...

These are all beautiful Erin, I love your purple pinwheel card!

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous designs, luv your style...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Maureen said...

wow, lots of eye candy! Love the way you made the stripes on a diagonal! Cool! Thanks for playing with us again over on CASE STudy...hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Jeanne J said...

You have been a busy girl! The pinwheel is neat with the coloring/distressing and the yummy color, I love the remake of the case card and the last two that are mostly B&W really make the color pop! Well done!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeou cards, Erin! Great take on all the challenges. I love your take on TCM's Sketch. Thanks for playing along:)

jen said...

Love all the variations you packed in, as well as challenges! (And I could see your happy grin from here!) did you attain your goal & mail them out that day?

Vickie Z said...

You've been busy!! Wonderful cards! Love the pinwheel and wine cups!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin all lovely cards, your pinwheel on WM is so unique--love the purple.

jen del muro said...

Great cards!!! Love your style!