Card Recognition

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

thanks




So I had a long, productive day (see yesterday) and a loud fun evening full of enthusastic Cub Scouts and a Pinewood Derby.  So instead of cleaning up the house after being gone for 12 hours today, I decided to make a card (very logical to all your crafty addicts out there, I know...).  I'm playing along with the CASE Study Challenge.  My card from yesterday used the same Maya Road background stamp, and since I do not excel at putting things away, it was in a very handy spot...   I finally inked up the PTI Everyday Photo Finishers and used some May Arts Sheer Ruffle ribbon (I only have the 5/8th inch so I double it up and hid the overlap under the card stock, what a handy idea!).  And below is an action shot of one of the 47 heats in the Pinewood Derby, Mr. Ben happened to win this heat (and yes, he'd be more than happy for you to leave him some comment love).


And since Emily often shared her husband's crafty creation I wanted to share this one layer card Dan made for my brother-in-law as a belated Christmas thanks.  Love the shadow stamping on the sentiment. And since the One Layer Wednesday Challenge is "Your Perfect Day" I can say with confidence that Dan would love to spend his day riding his bike.



9 comments:

Lynn said...

ABsolutely logical...I need my crafty space to unwind! Two fabulous cards...I love the beautiful background on the first.

Ardyth said...

Who has time to put stuff away, when there's cards to be made?! I love the simple black stamping on the kraft card - wonderful OLW Card!

~amy~ said...

I've been liking this white on white panel thing that you do....awesome thank you card and dude, your dude can stamp..

Wahooooooo to Mr Ben winning!!!!!!!!!

Emily Keaton said...

I love your card and Dan's awesome bike card. Way to go Ben with your Pinewood Derby! My son's Derby isn't until next Friday, but his car is almost done. He finished decorating the body last night. Lookin' good!

Rose said...

beautiful card :)
a HUGE congrats to Ben and Dan did a fantastic job on his card :)

Mim said...

definitely cards over cleaning.. anytime! Love bike card!

Kristen said...

cleaning no, crafting yes! great cards :)

visiting from OLW
hope you can visit me too :)

Maureen said...

I like how you roll! And I love that background! Thanks for playing with us again over on CASE Study :)

Christina said...

That stamped panel is beautiful, and I love how the sentiment strip stands out against the blue ribbon. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study! And congrats to your son on his Pinewood Derby win!