Card Recognition

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Shades of purple




Greetings...  I've got six cards to share on today's post... I know, can you believe it?  I made these cards for an order, the instructions were "purple and no sentiment."  So the train of thought went something like this, "Oh I should play in the Moxie Fab World Ombre Challenge" and hum... this week's CASE Study has some cool negative butterflies, what if I cut out multiple butterfies in different shades or purple..." and then it went down the train of thought, why don't I try the PTI Beautiful Beads die and create a fun negative background...  Are you guys following this?



So this card has 4 butterflies on top of each other, 2 in purple, one in black chevron patterned paper and one in vellum.



And this my friends... is what happens when you're playing... so I cut out all the beautiful beads dies and then took two of the scraps left over and put them on the bottom of the circle (in opposite directions) to create this very cool woven look.  Scraps my friends!!!  Below I decided to mix it up a bit and added a flower instead of a butterfly and wrapped it with some May Arts burlap string.


And the final one doesn't meet the "no sentiment" part, but she said it was up to me and some of them could say "thinking of you..."  So I used the current CAS(E) This Sketch and went from there (I flipped the sketch upside down).


8 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

GORGEOUS! Love these! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love all of these! Great use of those scraps. :)

Brandi said...

Wow! Just Wow! These cards are amazing! I love the color purple and the various paper layers you have behind your butterfly! Great job!

Christina said...

So, I love window cards and I love butterflies. Guess what? I love these cards! What a great use for those little strips of paper, too.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow these are all gorgeous. Hard to pick a fave, but I love the flower one so much!

cbuswell said...

Love all of these creations! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jen W. said...

These are all gorgeous but I especially love the second to last one! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Cath said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)