Card Recognition

Monday, May 6, 2013

38 and fabulous...friend


38 & fabulous!  This week's PTI Make It Monday is to think outside the box with your impression plates and use something other then paper.  Heather uses some cool aluminum tape in her video (and I'm sure in our garage we have something like that, but DH is out of town, so I went looking in the kitchen and decided to use tin foil).  My only advice when working with tin foil, double it up in the die cuter to get a better impression and then touch it as little as possible after you emboss it.  I tried die cutting out a tag with the embossed tin foil and it basically erased all the numbers.


And while we're thinking of PTI, who can resist this month's CASE Study muse, Ms. Maile?  I'm teaching a "Spring Cards" class at my local Ben Franklin later this month and I love that with the above card I can show someone how to get a cool shape without a die cut machine (I just hand cut the flower).  And since I had a piece of the woven velvet May Arts ribbon on my desk from yesterday's card, it was just asking to be used in this card.  Right-o, off to start the day....  Happy Monday.

Materials: 38 and fabulous, PTI Big Birthday Wishs sentiment and Mat Stack one frame, PTI dies: Numbers, letters, PTI By the Numbers Impression plate, vellum, PTI sparkly silver and black card stock, tin foil, Stampendous black embossing powder, May Arts metallic velvet ribbon, glitter foam

Friend: Hero Arts Poinsettia and Berries flower, WPlus9 sentiment, May Arts woven velvet ribbon, Twinkling H20s, water color pencils, Versafine black ink, pearls

8 comments:

chilli pip said...

Love the tin foil card, think that it is striking.

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! Two jaw dropping cards! The tin foil is amazing!

artful-notions said...

Outstanding Erin, the tin foil is a eye popper, and your other is too!

cbuswell said...

Brilliant card, I love the embossed foil background! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Steph Hilt said...

So pretty Erin! Who would though regular plain old aluminum foil could be this gorgeous! Your floral card too - so great you are teaching others to craft with minimal supplies - anyone can do it!

carol (krillsister) said...

Fabulous card. Love the embossed background and the felt.

Arlene said...

Two really beautiful cards!

Carolanne said...

Really LOVE the embossed numbers on the foil! Great birthday card!