Card Recognition

Saturday, June 29, 2013

birthday cheer

Is it just me, or does everyone else know too many people with July birthdays?  In the spirit of being organized, I've used some card challenges to motivate me.  If you're looking for my post from the May Arts/Little Yellow Bicycle/Xyron hop click here.

Fusion Challenge's sketch.  This card uses left overs from a past Artful Delight kit, am I the only one who has a drawer full of Prima Flowers and never knows what to do with them?


This week's CASE Study Challenge with a special nod towards Lynn's card.


One last card (so I say) for the Hero Arts Stamp Your Story challenge.  On this card I've used May Arts velvet corduroy ribbon and white paper raffia.



This week's CAS(E) this sketch challenge.  In addition to an upcycled coffee holder, I've used May Arts woven burlap ribbon and burlap string, plus PTI die, Paper Smooches sentiment, Simple Stories paper, Studio Calico heart, woodgrain paper die cut with Lil Inkers Designs heart die and PTI happy die.



This week's Play Date Cafe colors.

Cheers, if you made it this far...    hope you're celebrating some birthday cheer this coming month (we are in our house, times 2!).

15 comments:

Rose said...

dang girlfriend you have been busy!!! :) awesome cards!!!!

i only know 3 that have bdays in july and you are one of them! lol
i am working on using my stash of primas ;)

Lynn said...

We have cousin birthdays for July but none in our house! I seriously love all the cards you made...and that your getting inky with your new stamps. Love how the cards are all different styles (and I'm right there with you on the flowers!)

PS thanks for the sweet shout out.

~amy~ said...

Wowza...tons of cards! I know that you're celebrating your birthday in July and my boy will be turning 16 in July too:)

Kara Lynne said...

Erin, these are all great cards! I absolutely love the first card! I'm pinning it!

Kerry said...

Wow...so many great cards! I just love how you used those sketchy shapes!

E.T. said...

wow! card heaven! So many fabulous cards Erin!
xo,
Erum

Monika Reeck said...

Are all fabulous Erin and I love the card you show on CASE this sketch challenge..love the gingham paper and the simplicity of the design...great arrangement too...AWESOME CARD


I am joining also the challenge on CASE THIS SKETCH and my card is number 44 if you would like to see it on my blog and I would be glad if you could leave me some love..many thanks before and hugs...Monika :)

Loly Borda-Towery said...

All are fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration. I have lots of family/friends with birthdays in July too. TFS

Darnell J Knauss said...

Coming here is like getting a front row seat for a card runway show! Wowza, Erin!! I especially LOVE the card you did for Case Study!!

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS series of cards Erin!
Love your gorgeous CAS FUSION card. So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

Maureen said...

love those triangles and the sweet candy dots! LOL, yes there are a lot of July birthdays! All I can ask is what is so special about November? LOL Thanksgiving babies? Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Alicia said...

Love your creativity. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week, be sure to play again! :)

anya said...

Erin, these are stunning! I just love what you created for the PDCC - those colors look so delicious layered like you did! Fabulous! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Karen M said...

Wow, Erin, you have been busy! I love your card for the Fusion Challenge. That little frame is perfect! And flowers are amazing x

Geri said...

Came to comment on your Fusion card, which is LOVELY...but I love everything else here, too...it would be hard to pick a favorite!