Card Recognition

Thursday, July 4, 2013

hello my friend



This week's CASE Study Challenge is a fabulous colorful butterfly card by Jocelyn and after pulling out all my various butterflies and a bunch of different colored ink pads and some fun May Arts ribbon I opted for CAS black and white...  (don't worry, all those pieces are still sitting on my desk, perhaps they'll be incorporated into the next project?).  Happy 4th of July to those of you in the US of A...  it's so very hot here in California, but looking forward to a small town parade (promise to post photos over here).



And since we're talking about CASEing folks, I found inspiration this morning from Lynn's fabulous snowflake card, with some May Arts satin pleats (which I sent her, love seeing goodies put to use!), so I quickly set out to play along with the Dynamic Duos challenge.  Instead of a snowflake on my card I dyed a May Arts sheer woven rosette (partially with some red mist and then added some red ink directly to the flower) and added some bling (like Lynn).  I had the merry christmas letterpress sentiment in my drawer of scraps (b/c we all know you just never know when you'll need them, since we'll pretend I'm getting organized for Christmas 6 months in advance).


7 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the gorgeous black and white...the detail on the butterfly speaks for itself!

Lynn said...

You know I love the gorgeous CASE. The way you inked up the flower is beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, dearie!!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Erin gorgeous CAS take on CASE Study and you colour Duo is fabulous, love that pink flower. Thank you so much for sharing at both CASE Study and Dynammic Duos this week!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful CASE of Lynn's card! I love your flower! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Debbie Henderson said...

This card is beautiful! What a super way to make a flower. Your 2 colors look great together! Thanks for playing Dynamic Duos this week!

Jeanne J said...

Two gorgeous CAS cards. The butterfly is wonderful and the fabric flower really pops!