Card Recognition

Thursday, August 15, 2013

happy holiday wreath card



Just a small disclaimer-- I don't usually make homemade Christmas cards....  I find the mass production aspect of Christmas cards to be too overwhelming and opt for a printed photo card.  I would say normally on a yearly basis I make a dozen homemade Christmas cards (total)... so please, stop, acknowledge that a) I've made a Christmas card and b) it's not December 24th.  My inspiration for today's card came from the new CASE Study challenge, loving Jennifer McGuire's wreath card and she mentioned in her post how she has a lot of stamp sets that work well for wreaths, well funny... so do I!  Today's wreath is a combination of WPlus 9 Folkart Florals and Freshcut Florals.  My holly berries are actually the blooms for Freshcut Florals, but I thought they worked well... I added a little glossy accent love to them and it adds a nice extra to the one dimension wreath.  The sentiment and die cut is from PTI's Photo Finishers (b/c I had some silly idea I would make those photo cards-- ha ha).  And since Cath has inspired us all to get cracking on those holiday projects, I'm going to add this to the Moxie Fab World Holiday Card challenge.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man my friend. You knocked this out of the park b the wreath is gorgeous!

victoria h said...

Beautiful Christmas card

Denise Bryant said...

I love this Erin! You can always send one my way if you get into making some extras! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done! Love the vellum sentiment also!

Rose said...

patting you on the back my friend for making a christmas card FOUR months early :)
very pretty one it is too!!

~amy~ said...

What? You don't want to make a bazillion of that gorgeous design? Back in the day I would make 100 of the same design...b-o-r-i-n-g, Now I don't send out any...LOL. I hope to get back to making/sending them this year but so far I've failed miserably on the making.

Love the combo of stamps and the vellum band.

Linda said...

Pretty Christmas card.

Cath said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)