Card Recognition

Sunday, November 3, 2013

celebrate today




Celebrate today....  so last night I made this fun card for the Curtain Call challenge and while trying to figure out which ink I wanted to use I tried the WMS woodgrain stamp in distress stain (which didn't really work), but this morning I saw Leigh's card and grabbed the piece of card stock and dry embossed it, creating the cool texture, love it when rejects get repurposed.  The rest of the card uses PTI tag die and stamps, tied up with my all time favorite May Arts burlap string.  I'm also going to enter this card in the CAS-ual Fridays embossing challenge.



And this CAS card is for this week's CASE Study Challenge, Basic Grey stickers, May Arts Burlap String and PTI sentiment.

12 comments:

Lynn said...

I love both cards...seriously must use my embossing plates! I love the colors in the first one and the sweet banner in the second.

magdahandmade said...

Nice cards, Erin!

Rose said...

the first one is so pretty!!! love the fun banner on the second :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

I just love the colours in your 1st card and that texture of the embossing and the banner card is lots of fun!

shirley-bee said...

Love the woodgrain embossing - what a rescue! Love the CAS banner card too.

~amy~ said...

Love both of your cards...the one for the Curtain Call challenge is spot on.

Love the birthday banner card...awesome patterns/colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both your cards are fantastic Erin, I love the textured background on your CC card. Thank you for joining us for the Curtain Call inspiration Challenge!

Marisa said...

Perfect paper color for the wood grain panel and love the way you used the tag and partial wreath on it. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Tonya Jastad said...

Both of these are very pretty!

Cris G said...

Your cards are both beautiful, but I absolutely love all the texture and colors of the first one.

Stacey Schafer said...

adorable cards, Erin! so glad you could play along at the Curtain Call!

Deb said...

Erin, I love how you used the color inspiration from Curtain call for your card. It works perfectly with the woodgrain. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!