Card Recognition

Sunday, December 15, 2013

another joy tag





So, I made this fun card last night, so I was still thinking dark brown, light blue this morning (and then I found the snowflake die cut out of glitter foam on my desk-- amazing the things you can find under the piles), so I made another joy tag.  I'm using some of the pieces I had previously die cut out for my last card class (an upcycled coffee holder tag and the joy die cut), stamped the woodgrain on the bottom and added 4 different May Art ribbons to the CAS tag (woven velvet, faux canvas, burlap string and sheer stitched).  So I'm playing along with the CASE Study Challenge and the CAS-ual Friday and Simon Says Stamps "Let it Snow" challenges.  CASology is having a snowflake challenge and I'm going to add this at the last minute.  And the tag was a procrastination from the much needed cards for my staff to give with their holiday thanks, so I went simple, and gasp, made 8 of the same one layer cards!  I think they'll be more interested with what's in the envelope vs the quality of the card, right?


8 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the tag...my goal is to play along with CASE Study this morning...and the one layer wonders...love the mix/match of patterns.

~amy~ said...

awesome one layer card...fun mix of washi!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

So pretty! I love the pop of turquoise and the contrast of the rustic craft and the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Dana said...

Love that tag Erin, and I'm loving that you went simple and made 8 of the same card for your coworkers as well.

Amy Kolling said...

Erin, I love the contrast here with the kraft and glitter......gorgeous tag especially with the turquoise ribbon!! Happy Holidays! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

Lin said...

Love your snowflake tag, Erin! Lots of subtle texture......Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Maureen Merritt said...

I love your tag Erin and the pop of blue is perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jeanne J said...

Erin that tag is amazing! Looks like chocolate and the pop of blue and sparkly snowflake are beautiful!