Card Recognition

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

bird tag




Happy Christmas Eve!  I know I said this morning that I failed at wrapping any of my presents with pretty tags and ribbon, but to entertain myself this evening while my husband wrapped his presents I decided to play along with the CASE Study challenge (at the last minute) and I used the PTI Make It Monday "Blown Ink" challenge, something I never do, but seemed like a good idea?  In addition to the blown ink, Tattered Angels mist I added a few layers of medium gel with a PTI cover plate over the tag, I love the subtle texture it gives the tag.  The bird is a Wplus9 die cut with American Crafts paper and a Paper Smooches stamp, complete with a Lawn Fawn sentiment on the PTI double sided banner die.  I wrapped the brown paper in May Arts silk and burlap string.  Better go put it under the tree before those eager boys wake up!

2 comments:

hiddenloft said...

Pretty package and I love your tag. I haven't tried that technique yet, but I'm inspired now! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

~amy~ said...

This is such a sweet tag!

I'm impatiently waiting for all these lazy bones to wake up! Darin's son is sleeping on the sofa downstairs so I can't get my coffee...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!