Card Recognition

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Congrats, times 2


So I've got 2 congrats cards today, both use the PTI Make It Monday challenge of using gelatos and water.  The top card uses the scribes stamps and the card below uses the PTI Gracious Vases set.  The card below is based on the latest CASE Study challenge (I channeled Debby Hughes in the card).  I finally got white embossing paste… and I'm loving all the videos and tips from bloggers lately, so many great ideas.  I used the PTI cover plate as a stencil and then added the embossing paste.  I tried to add a little bit of Mr. Huey mist and it didn't quite work out the way I expected, so I mixed it all together with a dry baby wipe, added some sequins, a doily and 3 different May Arts ribbon (sheer tinsel, velvet and silk).  Simon Says Monday Challenge is having an anything goes challenge, so I'll add these cards to that challenge.  The sentiment is Waltzing Mouse stamps.  Happy Sunday everyone, I'm off to work.



4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards, dearie!!

Lynn said...

You totally channeled Debby. Love the whimsical style of the first and elegance of the second.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a great pair of cards! They are both so unique and I like them both in different ways. I love the simple swirls and circular vibe of the first card. The stars and vellum add the right bit of elegance and bling! On the second card, I love how you said that the mist didn't work out how you wanted, so you mixed it all together with a dry baby wipe. That is the sign of a true artist- turning "mistakes" into "creative innovations"! I also really like the angular lines on this combined with the doily. Very clever and your use of embossing paste was fabulous. Thank you so much for taking the time to share these with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Fabulous! Love the bit of misting.