Card Recognition

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Happy Birthday and tag



I started this card the other day, having fun with watercolor splatters and embossing paste and then I got super side tracked… get this…cleaning my craft room.  If any of you marveled at the mess from last week's PTI Stamp-a-Faire welcome party, check out my after photo.  But thankfully got a bit of time to work on it tonight, so hard to find things when you bother to put them away!  I was inspired by Aimes' CASE Study 4th Anniversary card.  I used a Unity stamp, PTI sentiment, washi tape, stencil, embossing paste, vellum, embossing powder and some gold ink to dye the wood veneer stars.





And Lynn is forever inspiring me with her projects, so when I saw the new Time Out Challenge
if music be the food of love, play on
I thought it would be fun to use the Unity music stamp and Wplus9 food goodies.  I added the PTI die and 3 types of May Arts ribbon and used the Lawn Fawn tag die.  And Simon Says Stamps is having an anything goes challenge this week, so I'll add these projects to that challenge too.  Hope everyone is having a lovely Labor Day weekend, I spent the day on the shores of Lake Tahoe today, always a great outing.  But, my weekend is about to be over, as I head back to work tomorrow.

6 comments:

jen said...

These are both great- love that you could still find what you needed after putting things away ;)

Michelle said...

Great card and super tag, Erin! I love the black and white with a touch of colour.

~amy~ said...

These are great...love your case of Aimes' card. Your tag is awesome, love the pop of color!

Lynn said...

The card and tag are classic Erin. Love your style...and of course, love seeing you at Time Out!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Erin! fabulous designed card, I luv the butterfly! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Anja Curvers said...

Wow great card and tag. I love the embossing and that butterfly. Glad you joined us over at case study challenge.