Card Recognition

Sunday, August 10, 2014

perk up CASE Study tag and card



perk up my friends!  I'm playing along with the CASE Study anniversary hop, Laura's card was my source of inspiration.  I started off with the oval shadow of the coffee cup and stamped them on a card stock like Laura's one layer card and then added a coffee cup to the top of the rainbow ovals, but then decided my cup looked too flat, so I cut it out and added it to a tag.  I added a Verve "better with you" sentiment and the PTI background builder and 3 different May Arts ribbon (silk, sheer with ruffle and burlap string).  And below is a card I made with the same inspiration source.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your card and tag inspired by Laura...both are gorgeous especially that coffee cup.

~amy~ said...

ooohhh....love them BOTH.

jen said...

These are both fab ;)

Julia said...

wow! sooo cool! Love how you were inspired by Laura's card and love that coffee cup!

Andrea Ewen said...

Both are gorgeous! I can see that you were totally inspired! I love the addition of the inside detail peeking out on your second card..it really draws the eye! Thanks for helping us celebrate our anniversary at CASE Study with your beautiful card and tag!

mischelle smith said...

This is GREAT!

Michelle said...

I love both the tag and the card, Erin! It's amazing how much inspiration Laura's card had and how everyone interpreted it in their own way!