Card Recognition

Saturday, June 25, 2011

PTI Blog Hop






This month's PTI Blog Hop is an inspirational photo and me, being literal girl that I am, decided to recreate the background with a water color pen and distress inks, now I'm so glad that I've been buying a pad here and a pad there, I'm getting closer to a rainbow, next on the list will have to be green!  Nichole did a similar background with one her release cards with copics, so fun to think of all the fabulous backgrounds you can create.  And I thought about dressing up my dragonfly, but being a CAS girl I decided that I'd just leave it be...  thanks for stopping by, definitely check out the rest of the hop for some fabulous crafty ideas (although if you're like me you end up realizing that you forgot to add too many items to your last PTI order).  The new Embellish Challenge is to use a rainbow and this card is just perfect for that challenge.

Materials: PTI Happy Trails,  Tim Holtz Distress Inks: dusty concord, aged mahogany, mustard seed, fired brick, faded jeans, worn lipstick, Fiskars corner rounder, water color pen and water color paper, versafine black ink

53 comments:

  1. sooo cool! love your background and my eye was drawn to the dragonfly right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "literal" card -- very eye-catching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab fab card. Loved the dragonfly as is. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Erin! I love the contrast of the dragonfly over the rainbow background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lovethe watercolor wash background you created. Its stunning, especially with the black stmaped images

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful and such an apt sentiment!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Less is definately more - very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your soft wash of colors - a perfect backdrop to the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! Your watercolored background and dragonfly are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card! I love your soft background, and that dragonfly fits the inspiration photo to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great watercoloring with your distress inks! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erin, this is spectacular! I love that you left the dragonfly as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is outstanding! I LOVE that rainbow and the sentiment is just perfect. I think I need to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely!!! Loooove that rainbow background & the dragonfly looks just right!!
    (number ONE on the hop! woohoo!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the watercolor background and that FAB butterfly! PRETTY card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought I saw this design before...you rocked the challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the softness of the blending of colors and the dragonfly is perfect with it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Job on the watercoloring! Love the card

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cool. Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! So glad I ordered these stamps so I can CASE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how you used the watercolor pen with the ink. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty...perfect for both entries!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the watercolor technique!

    Jessica Griffin
    www.canyoupixelthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, wauw, I love, love, love it!! The painting is just gorgeous and those new stamps are the best! Love how you used it, such a beauty of a card!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a gorgeous watercolor-type background! I think it's just perfect with the dragonfly stamped just the way you have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your background! I have to say that distress inks and PTI stamps have been some of my best buys to date!

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful card for both challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome card! Perfect for both challenges:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your gorgeous card, Erin! And the dragonfly is perfect the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is gorgeous!! I love the softness of the watercoloring! I'm glad that you just left the dragonfly be. It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The watercolor effect is fabulous, Erin! Makes your card special. :-D Happy June Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card Erin! You are right - great minds do think alike :) LOVE the dragonfly stamped over the colors. I *almost* used that sentiment too - that would have been really funny :) Don't you love the look of the distress inks on the watercolor paper?!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The watercolor background effect is beautiful. I love the CAS look and the dragonfly. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your water color bg is just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. The watercolor turned out so beautifully. Fabulously simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this card! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely card, Erin. How fun that you had a dragonfly to use for this, and the sentiment can't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card. Its a simple card, but so pretty.

    Rebecca
    www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. The watercolor is beautiful! Fantastic job with the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Really lovely, I love the watercolour effect.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful card, Erin! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love this rainbow interpretation!!!! I never would have thought of that. HOLY COW: 52 comments? Rock on, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Perfect interpretation of the challenge...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, this is stunning, Erin!! This is probably my most favourite card you've ever made. Now I want that Happy Trails set!!!

    ReplyDelete