Card Recognition

Monday, May 5, 2014

friend envelope wrap



Happy Monday morning crafty friends.  Today I'm playing along with the new PTI Make It Monday Challenge, envelope wraps.  I used the PTI half and half die on a lovely piece of letterpress scrap (the other side of the paper give directions to a wedding on St. John in the Virgin Islands) and was able to extend the die to the length I needed by not cutting it all the way out and using a paper trimer.  I borrowed the little man's metallic water color paints and used PTI Bigger Blooms and frame, plus a Wplus9 sentiment.  I added a cork heart on the back for my envelope seal and to get the splatter look on the envelope used both white mist and the end of the paint brush.

I had a busy weekend, our little town's First Friday Art Walks returned, click here for the photos I took (and spent hours editing).  And was happy to support our local bookstore for California Bookstore Day and the launch of my friend's new book.  And this week-- anyone want to come to my card making class?  On that note, off to tackle my work day, mount laundry here I come!

6 comments:

  1. That was fast Erin. It turned out great! Love the added cork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you Pat went back to work? holy cow is that creating havoc at our house :)! Happy for him, but the cleaning lady has now been hired. Started today...sorry...your talk of laundry got that tangent started.

    Love your sweet envelope...flowers and the cork are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique! You had a busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your photos Erin.
    also love that you watercolored this beautiful die cut. Pretty envelope!

    ReplyDelete