Card Recognition

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

but first, coffee.



Happy Wednesday!  Seriously, my days never start without coffee...  even that 3:30am departure to the airport last month (started with coffee).  Today's card is inspired by the new MFT Sketch Challenge, I've been playing with some ucpcyled letterpress scraps, which are fabulous paper stock, so I added some distress inks and water and water colors to this wedding invitation and added a layer of thin vellum to cover up the details.  The dies are all MFT and the coffee cup is a sample letterpress that I cut into the coffee cup.  The "coffee first" sentiment is from Ellen Hutson.

2 comments:

KarenB said...

Oh, I'm totally with you on the coffee - the sentiment, and the morning ritual!
Lovely card.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a great idea to use those letter press pieces. It's perfect with the sentiment - it looks like coffee in the front, and the day to come in the background!