Card Recognition

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Black & White Caravan


This very retro black and white card is a combination of the Card Patterns sketch and the 365 Cards challenge to use a silhouette in black and white. I recently got this caravan stamp (that'd be the Kiwi name for a trailer) and I've inked it up in color to play with, but I quite like it in black... I tried to think of a way to add some flowers/buttons/eyelets to stay closer to the sketch, but in the end stuck with just the basic outline of the sketch. An interesting side note is that the black and white Tinkering Ink paper (Greta Garbo) was a present to my youngest son when he was born- my mother put several large scrapbooking sheets of black and white paper by his change table to give him some visual stimulation. I love that I'm still using bits and pieces of the paper, even though my son is now 2 1/2 years old.

Materials: Paper Source stamp, black paper, Tinkering Ink Greta Garbo patterned paper, white card stock

2 comments:

dstandard said...

How flipping cute! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Vanda Symon said...

Love it! You have been doing way too much stamp buying lately... I'm jealous.