Card Recognition

Friday, July 23, 2010

let's get together for coffee



I'm not sure why this card took me an hour to make. I love CAS cards and I love it when the card magically appears. For this card I stamped the coffee pot on pink with black ink, then I stamped it on white with black ink, each time paper piercing it out and then I stamped it on white with pink ink. After I finished the card I thought perhaps I should've cut out the handles on the mugs too... oh well. I'm using the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch and the Off the Wall Craftiness colors (Kim, please forgive me when I say again that these are not my colors, yet I keep making cards for you...). I'll also enter this in Hero Arts July food challenge. Did you guys know that those lovely Hero Arts hostesses are awesome at commenting on cards? They blow me away... every time. Thanks gals.

Materials: Hero Arts coffee pot and mug stamps, Hero Arts dot background stamp, PTI sentiment, Stampin Up purple & pink card stock, teal scrap card stock, Fiskars rotary scallop cutter, versamark, Stampin Up pink passion ink, teal ink from Spotlight, Stampin Up black ink

7 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

Ha ha Erin, you crack me up! I am so glad that you continue to play, I hope eventually I will make a combo that are your colors :) I have a lot of new color combos I am trying so hang in there girl!!! Your cards are fabulous though! I dont know how you say they arent your colors cause you pull them off well! Thanks for playing and good luck!

itsallrosi said...

too cute!

Karen B. said...

I think you've pulled this off, and it has some pink in there! Way to go!

Virginia L. said...

Indeed, you did this card with color AND sketch beautifully! So creative!

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful card~ Sometimes the simplest card takes me forever! It's just the way it works sometimes!

Unknown said...

a lovely card inspired by an equally lovely image
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Sylvia said...

Super cute card! You have been busy!