Card Recognition

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Etsy Inspired thank you for you



I saw this flower pendant on Nanny's Room on this week's Etsy Inspired challenge and I thought of the Martha Stewart flowers I won from Kim.  Jenny's celebrating "Free Your Creativity" over at Wee Memories and I thought trying a stamped background would be something new and fun.  Especially when I turned it into a frame with my new Spellbinders Label 8.  I would've liked to stay truer to the colors in the pendant (because I have this literal problem), but I decided to add a blue background and focus on red and kraft (from the background).  And on a random positive note, my mom stopped by work today while I was trying to find a decent place to photograph this card and said that I can have a workspace in her house!  If you've read in some of my other posts I haven't unpacked anything, because I have no where to put it in our little 2 bedroom house.  So, yeah... for my future crafting space.

Materials: Martha Stewart flower clear stamp, PTI Fillable Frames #11 sentiment, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 8, Versacolor Camellia, Studio G pink ink, red ribbon from stash, Stampin Up Red card stock, blue card stock from scraps, PTI kraft card stock

7 comments:

jen said...

I love that bit of blue popping out- I think pretty literal!! *wink*
And WOOOOOHOOOOOOO on the crafty space!!!

Karen B. said...

Definitely a yeah! for your future crafting space! This is one beauty of a card. Great idea to make a frame.

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful design. Love the gorgeous color. So glad to see you playing with us this week at Etsy Inspired. :)

Jacquel said...

This is really pretty! Very nice work & thanks for playing with EIC this week!!!

Nanny's Room said...

Congrats on the new crafting space - soooo important! I love your take on the Etsy Inspiration - great work~

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Erin! I love the popped up frame around the smaller section against the blue.

de said...

Wow, so pretty!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!