Card Recognition

Friday, November 11, 2011

CAS Christmas Cards






Christmas cards are really not my thing, I had grand ideas of making photo cards this year with the PTI Holiday Photo Finishers set and then I realized the idea of mass producing was stressing me out, so I just ordered photo cards on Shutterfly, click, click, click, done!  But somehow between the post on about the WMS Christmas challenge (November's challenge is CAS cards) and the current Skipping Stones Design sketch, I decided to try my hand at a few cards.  I'm going to mail these to the Cards That Care, because I was lucky enough to win some Lawn Fawn stamps in their recent blog hop.  And ABC Toys and Crafts DT Challenge is all about Christmas cards this month.  

And on a totally different note, since as I said Christmas cards aren't really my thing (that's my polite way of saying I don't love these cards)... here's a precious photo of my little guy eating an ice cream cone.  The photo makes me chuckle... it's exhausting eating ice cream right?


Materials: PTI Holiday Photo Finishers, Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels 4 and Frame It sentiment, Sassafras stitchery stamp, Embroidery floss, Anna Griffin patterned paper, Versafine black ink, Brillance Rocket Red ink

11 comments:

Christina said...

Heehee! Your little guy is so cute! I love the simple design of your cards. They would be perfect for mass production. I'd love to make my own photo cards this year too, but I always wind up ordering them. We can't do it all!

Jingle said...

Super cute cards! Thanks so much for playing along iht Skipping Stones this week! Great designs!

Karen B. said...

Good thing you recognized when to stop when things stressed you out, I have a difficult time with that. These all are great takes on the sketch. And thanks too, for playing at the Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge.

Wendy said...

Hey Erin!! I think your cards are awesome. Sometimes you just have to walk away from something to get clarity!!! I love the photo of your son. What a cutie!! Thank you so much for playing along with Skipping Stones Designs!!!

Stephanie said...

First off, your son is just adorable!!! Love that chocolatey covered face! LOL And, for your cards, I think you did a wonderful job. Sometimes it's so difficult to get in the groove and make something, especially when it's difficult to begin with. I think you tackled this challenge and came up with some beautiful Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us over at SSD this week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the simple design of your cards :)

Trinh said...

Your son is a cutie and I sure didn't realize it was so much work to eat an ice cream cone. Great takes on the sketch!

Katie Gehring said...

Your little boy is such a cutie-pie! Great cards too. I really like the scallop stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Lisa Petrella said...

AWESOME takes on this sketch, Erin!!! I LOVE the font of the sentiments! And such an ADORABLE photo of your little guy!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely CAS holiday card!! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Christmas Challenge over at ABC DT Challenge!!

Waseem said...

I like the simple design of your card..I appreciate you share it.Order Business Cards.