Card Recognition

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday cards

Happy Thursday blog friends.  I've got a bunch of "must do" cards on my agenda, so I've been busy procrastinating with other non-needed cards.  The first card I was hoping would work for an 18th birthday card, what do you guys think?  Not sure...  


And this is what I started with for the 18th birthday girl card and then couldn't get the sentiments and the WMS Pint Size Heroine to work, so I'm using a loose take on this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge and going to use this card for the Card Drive for Addison (I even got Mr. Ben to make a card too, see below).




Mr. Ben's card for Addison.  He even went and found some stickers from his stash to include in the envelope, bless his heart.


And when I saw the Moxie Fab World post about a love card this is what I thought of...  that's what I get for crafting in the early hours of the morning with a cup of coffee by my side.  

10 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for linking this up to the World Card Making Day party in the Moxie Fab World. Just a head's up--to be eligible for the prize, you need to add this to the World Card Making Day Gallery and add that URL to Mr. Linky. Thanks!

Jen W. said...

Ha! I've been doing the same! Now I have to churn out a bunch of sympathy cards tomorrow morning before work. Zoikes!

I think the first card is awesome for a teenager. The WMS image is super cute, the coffee is perfect for the love card and Mr. Ben's card rocks!!

Karen B. said...

We can't love our cards all the time, but I think you did a great job on it. Ben's card and your card for Addison are perfect, thank you so much for sending them to Kelly!

Lynn said...

Hey Erin...Ben's card is so so sweet. How thoughtful for Addison. And your coffee card...pure love!

~amy~ said...

I love the first one...18 years olds are tough.

Love your card for Addison's card drive AND mr. ben's too...whatta sweetie pie!!!

um, yeah, you know I love your coffee card!!!!

artfuldelight said...

Super cute cards Erin, I especially like the first one. :-)

Kelly S. said...

Ben you card is so awesome in the pink and with that amazing flower! Addison will be smile so BIG when she gets it! How nice of you to go that extra mile and even decorate the envelope.!

Love how you used the Halfpint Heroine in her sweet gingham :) dress...your use of the sentiments and little arrow on the front is so cute, Erin!

Renee said...

Love the way you used the sentiments on the first card...
so much fun!!
And what a simply adorable take on the sketch...
fabulous!! :)

Savitri said...

Both are SUPER cute!!! Love the simplicity of the first one!!

Kelly said...

Received the cards today, Erin! You and Ben are the first ones! My heart just screamed with delight that there was a package today when I checked. You guys will bless this family so much with your sweet cards. the bunny is just darling and Ben's card is FABULOUS! Love the bird! SO so sweet and thanks for sharing the link to the drive! God Bless! -Kelly