Card Recognition

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Snowman Card and card class photos


Hello!  So last night I taught another card making class at my local Ben Franklin and this time around the theme was Christmas cards.  When looking for inspiration for the card I decided to CASE Christina's recent card (scroll down to the tags).  I love that everyone in the class decided to accessorize their snowman in different ways, too fun!  Below are a few snapshots from the class, my next class will be holiday tags, November 28th at 6pm.  And since I can't seem to post something with a challenge this card works well for the Lawnscaping Challenge "dust 'em off"-- while I've used the Lawn Fawn set, I realized when looking for snowflakes that I've had the PTI Winter Penguin set for awhile and haven't used most of the stamps on there.  Which means this project also works well for the new A Passion for Papertrey challenge too.  And one last challenge-- since A Blog Named Hero is doing a fun Hero Arts/Lawn Fawn week I thought this would be a perfect addition to their latest challenge "Use a die cut or punch", I think adding tags to cards is a great to add another layer (for the CAS girl).


Materials: Lawn Fawn Frosty Friends, Hero Arts Miracle of the Holiday Christmas sentiment, Tim Holtz and PTI snowflakes, Stampendous white embossing powder, PTI aqua mist and rustic white card stock, Echo Park Very Merry Christmas patterned paper, May Arts White Sheer with Diagonal Stripes Ribbon, Twinery Charcoal twine, PTI Tag It Sale die, Versafine black ink, water color pencil, Martha Stewart scor-pal, Spellbinders circle die, white scrap paper

15 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Looks like a fun class Erin. I love that snowman card.

Lynn said...

I need to put that on my bucket list...I think it would so fun to teach a class. Love this sweet tag...the snowman is adorable. I need to get that PTI tag. I love the embossed edge.

jen said...

What a fun class!!! Super sweet snow-guy too! :)

Rose said...

oh i love your cute snowman tag :)

yyam said...

Such a sweet card! It must be fun to teach a class! :)

Emily Keaton said...

This card (and that SNOWMAN!!) is absolutely adorable!! Your card class looked SO fun. Thanks for sharing your photos!

{Chrissie} said...

What a fantastic tag! I love that snowman and the blue in the background just really pops and makes the whole tag. Awesome job!

Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

MS said...

I love that snowman! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with A Blog Named Hero!

Caryn said...

Gorgeous card - this big sentiment at the bottom is fab!
Thanks for playing along at A Passion for Papertrey.
Hugs,
Caryn

Aimes said...

This is one cute tag! Looks like your class was super fun - oh how I'd love to ink along with you!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
Hugs!
x

Christina said...

So cute! Looks like your class was a success!

Christiana said...

Such a darling card. I really love it. Hope your class went great. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Elena said...

from one christmas card class teacher to another, I'm sure your class really loved this card! I sure do! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

Joe Shien Shien said...

a simply beautiful card! Love the blue background on the tag & the adorable little snowman. Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping

Yainea said...

Love the clean look of your card, the tag and the pops of color are just perfect! So cute! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges! :)