Card Recognition

Monday, January 28, 2013

celebrate...runway inspired


So I was inspired by the beautiful dress and the silhouette of the model from Runway Inspired and started to play with the idea for this card last week, but couldn't find a dot the right size.  So I put the pieces aside and later made this card, which gave me the idea of using vellum and ribbon.  Well then I saw Chupa's post about using an eraser and discovered the Paper Smooches Gently Seasoned stamp set had a circle about the right size, so with a bit of mist and a piece of May Arts silk dyed to match, my dress came together.  Literal girl over here is happy...  


14 comments:

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Erin! It totally jumped at out me from my reading list!

Anonymous said...

Erin, what a wonderful design! Love your take on the dress :)

Lynn said...

way to go literal girl :) This is awesome...love the gorgeous ribbon sash.

~amy~ said...

seriously perfect.

Emily Keaton said...

I can so totally relate to literal girl!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Erin! You are fast becoming quite a fashion designer!! This is absolutely lovely! I love your composition and use of vellum (your specialty!!)!So glad that you join the fun with us at RIC!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally cool! Love the vellum overlay, fantastic idea :) Glad I could help!

Karen B. said...

Wow, cool use of that die. Great card too. Really was having a tough time thinking of it outside of weddings.

madebymamaleh said...

I love the die you used! Gorgeous!

Rose said...

stunning! i love the die :)

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Erin!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Erin, I love the party girl on your card! Fun! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Tasnim said...

The dress looks gorgeous! Love your creativity!

Unknown said...

Love this polka dotted vellum dress! So glad you joined us over at the Runway Challenge!