Card Recognition

Friday, December 6, 2013

snowman tag




I love tags, something about them... and I'm not actually going to say that they're fast, I probably could've made a card faster... Today's tag was inspired by Kelly's tag for the Ellen Hutson 12 tags of Christmas challenge.  I used a lot of the same ideas in my tag, pretty pink paper (which I heat embossed glitter around the frame with the Lawn Fawn tag set), a girly snowman, layers of snow and 4 different May Arts ribbon...  I added the layer of embossed glitter to the vellum with an embossing pen (great way to add a little bit) and covered the whole snowman in Tim Holtz distress stickles clear rock candy (so the text has a sparkly texture on top of the faux letterpress print-- always a great way to use up scraps!).  And Lawnscaping is having a Tag challenge this week, so I'll enter this in there too.  Been a busy week in my little world, put together the biggest giveaway I've ever done on my work blog- if anyone lives anywhere near Northern California and wants to put your name in the hat to win a fabulous weekend away click here.

4 comments:

Rose said...

adorable!!!!! :)

Lynn said...

I love that sweet little snowman. His chevron scarf is adorable!

Christiana said...

Super duper cute tag! Love the texty snowman and his tipped hat. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Could a tag get any cuter than this??? LOVE your snowman and great bg!!! ! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin