Card Recognition

Sunday, November 30, 2014

snowman tag and coffee card



Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!  Hope everyone enjoyed turkey, family and if you're like me avoided the mall!  I'm happy to report that I did succeed in avoiding all Black Friday shopping, the glass of wine I drank in a wine tasting room doesn't count as shopping.  Oh-- and I rode the go carts at the local amusement park, that doesn't count as shopping either, right?  I did manage to visit a local artisan fair (where I didn't buy anything either), but click here to see those photos.  After I cleaned my craft room the other day it was a little intimidating to come back in and make a mess...   The top tag is for The Card Concept challenge and so excited about all of Tracey's 25 Tags of Christmas.  My tag is definitely a CAS tag (a little distress ink, some embossing paste snowflakes, a vellum snow bank, May Arts ribbon).    



And this card is for the Viva La Verve sketch, I did so well last month playing along, not sure what the issue in November was....  So below was my first attempt.  I bought the Pebbles Happy Day paper on a whim the other day and decided to channel my friend Lynn and use more patterned paper.  What I don't like about the card blow is that it's too flat and a bit too busy for me.  But the card above-- you know me and coffee... I think I have to be strategic if I want to use 4 different patterned papers (maybe smaller sizes?).  But kinda fun to use the same sketch and the same pad of patterned papers and have two totally different cards.  I like the coffee one a lot more.


12 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!

Lynn said...

Look at you go with the patterned paper! I LOVE your coffee card. I think the difference between the coffee tag and the card is that one of the patterned papers on the card should have all of the colors in it like the hello paper on the tag. Does that make sense?!

Nancy said...

Super cute snowman tag Erin! It appears the snowman is in a snow globe...Love it! Thanks for sharing your talents with the team and I (GD) at The Card Concept.

Jenny said...

Both are lovely Erin! I didn't do any mall shopping but I did get some really good deals on-line with free shipping so I'm counting that as progress on my Christmas shopping!

Tracey McNeely said...

All three fabulous Erin, love, your snowman tag and your coffee card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute tag and beautiful card! Love the snowflake background on the tag! Coming from TCC blog.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love your two takes on the sketch! You totally had me at coffee! Fabulous cards.

Marisa said...

I am craving a latte for some reason LOL! Great use of the sketch both times.

~amy~ said...

Such a fun snowman tag...love the embossing paste.

Both of your Verve cards are so much fun...you know I ADORE the coffee one!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Awesome tag and card! Snowman tag is really adorable!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

Mary Marsh said...

such a cute tag-I like the texture for the snowflakes -thanks for joining in with us at the Card Concept tag challenge

Lisa Petrella said...

Love these creations, Erin! And your local artisan fair looks like it was awesome!!! WOW!