Card Recognition

Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Zealand friend


I started my morning by looking through a whole slide show of the earthquake damage in Christchurch and it just breaks my heart.  While our family is safe and sound in California, the time we spent in New Zealand over the last 6 years is still very fresh in our minds.  Below is a photo of my oldest standing in the Christchurch town center.  I cannot imagine him standing there right now.

So, with those heavy thoughts on my mind I made a card, which I will promptly stick in the mail to one of my many friends in New Zealand.  I've been experimenting with new tips that I've picked up on my blogging surfing.  The first one I tried was from Moxie Fab World's Stamp It Technique with Shimmer Sprays.  I tried the technique of spraying the shimmer spray before I embossed the paper.  My version doesn't quite look Kris' cool card, but I tried.  The second new tip I tried was this week's PTI Make It Monday with a glitter strip.  I love that there's a tiny bit of sparkle on this fairly somber card.  And finally I'm going to add this to Hero Arts Friendship challenge because I've used the HA Designer Friend stamp (which I don't think I've ever done in sold black).

Materials: Hero Arts Designer Friend leaf stamp, Versafine black ink, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 8, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Graphite Tattered Angle Glimmer Mist, Martha Stewart onyx glittler, The Twinery Peapod twiner, button from stash,

5 comments:

Keryn Campbell said...

Hi Erin

It is a beautiful card. I am so pleased your back safe at home. Could I be cheeky and ask you to send it to: -

Victim Support
PO Box 2109
Christchurch

to be given to some needy soul by them.

Cheers
Keryn

jen said...

This is lovely (is that the right word for a sympathy card?) I think your embossing & black glitter strip are great!
I've been meaning to ask you about this... hope all of your friends are safe- what a terrible thing for NZ...

Emily Leiphart said...

I was watching the news coverage of the damage in Christchurch and it's all too terrible. Your friends will appreciate beautiful cards like this! The lime button and green twine really pops against the greys.

Karen B. said...

Absolutely beautiful. I think you've achieved a metal like feel with your background and it really reminds me of the sculpture from your picture, not sure if that was intended or not.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erin1 Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)