Card Recognition

Saturday, July 24, 2010

2 takes on the same sketch



This sketch is from Just Add Ink and I thought it would be fun to take the large Big Bloom from the Waltzingmouse Stamps set and punch it into four little squares. Then I thought, perhaps I'd try it the opposite way (i.e. white ink on red paper) and kept it a bit cleaner. I like the thanks card better, but it was a fun experiment.

Materials: first card, Waltzingmouse Big Bloom flower, Hero Arts dot background, PTI sentiment, Stampin Up square scallop punch, Versacolor Camellia, VersaMagic Night Sky

Second card, Waltzingmouse Big Bloom flower, PTI sentiment, American Crafts ribbon, Stampin Up red card stock, Brilliance Moonlight White ink, Stampin Up black ink

4 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Hi Erin! They're both so lovely. I love the stamping on the first one and the colours on your second, so I can't pick a favourite!

Rachel Moore said...

great take on the sketch erin both cards are great

Karen B. said...

You make it hard to choose a favorite. I think I rather like the second one too, for its CAS nature, but the white on red is a neat effect. Your first card shouldn't be left out though-I like how that card has the blue center that ties in with the blue sentiment.

AJ said...

What a cool effect! Love your cards.