Card Recognition

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Celebrate the day- red birthday cakes card


My card train of thoughts run in so many different directions. I pulled out some red card stock to try to come up with a card for the City Crafter Challenge and then was looking at various sketch challenges and before I know it I'm making a birthday card. Oh well, I've got a number of July birthdays to celebrate. (What I need to do is stop spending so much time making cards and perhaps just send a few!). This sketch is from Limelight Papercrafts. Their challenge is also to use background stamps. I used versamark for a large Hero Arts Happy Birthday stamp (which didn't ink out perfectly, hence the need to add a few more layers of paper). And I had to laugh when I looked at the photo and realized that my polka dot Stampin Up patterned paper is crooked. Aly's Sunday Challenge is to use red or white or blue, so I've chosen red.

Materials: Hero Arts Happy Birthday stamp, Stampin Up birthday cake stamp, Hero Arts clear stamps sentiment, Stampin Up Red Riding Hood card stock, Stampin Up designer paper, white card stock, Making Memories black eyelet, Versamark, red chalk, Stampin Up black ink, Fiskars rotary scallop cutter, Stampin Up square scallop punch

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Erin, your card is adorable! I love those cute cakes, and the red and white really pop! :) Great job!

Karen B. said...

What a fabulous card, I like how you've broken the image up into the three squares and how the scallops are like the icing. But maybe that is just me too. I kind of like the polka dots wonky, reminds me of someone throwing confetti into the air for the party. Hope you are having a great day and will or have gotten a lot done!

JenMarie said...

So cute and yummy!!