Card Recognition

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun & Cute Bird on a wire


Moxie Fab World is celebrating card styles this week and I'm a clean and graphic girl, but I tried to break out of my norm and tried the classy & elegant look with this card. So I was feeling brave into my venture into a new style. I loved the sneak peak Moxie Fab World has on their blog, click here, so I thought I'd try a fun & cute card based on one of the cards in the magazine. I love Cosmo Cricket paper and the Early Riser set was perfect for this card. I think the card works well for the theme, I opted out of a sentiment, but I think I've ticked all the other boxes. Simon Says Stamp challenge is "let's get fruity" and mine isn't all about fruit, but there are teaser cherries in there, so I think it works.

Materials: Stampin Up bird stamp, Cosmo Cricket Early Riser paper, Stampin Up circle punch, dental floss, I can't remember how I colored the bird, it was in the bag of scraps- versamark and chalk maybe?

8 comments:

Ryann Salamon said...

Adorable Erin. I loved the original and I love yours!

Karen B. said...

Fun and cute indeed, great idea to use circles instead of triangles for a banner, a nice twist to the norm. Love the ode to cherries and the polka dots too.

Jenny said...

Oh so cute and fun, I love the design Erin!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Erin! I love those little half circles under the bird wire. :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cute idea! I like the flag/clothesline look :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a fav idea.
Thanks for joining in at the SSC this week.
Hugs
Domi

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card.
luv
Debby

Cath said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun!