Card Recognition

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun & Cute Bird on a wire


Moxie Fab World is celebrating card styles this week and I'm a clean and graphic girl, but I tried to break out of my norm and tried the classy & elegant look with this card. So I was feeling brave into my venture into a new style. I loved the sneak peak Moxie Fab World has on their blog, click here, so I thought I'd try a fun & cute card based on one of the cards in the magazine. I love Cosmo Cricket paper and the Early Riser set was perfect for this card. I think the card works well for the theme, I opted out of a sentiment, but I think I've ticked all the other boxes. Simon Says Stamp challenge is "let's get fruity" and mine isn't all about fruit, but there are teaser cherries in there, so I think it works.

Materials: Stampin Up bird stamp, Cosmo Cricket Early Riser paper, Stampin Up circle punch, dental floss, I can't remember how I colored the bird, it was in the bag of scraps- versamark and chalk maybe?

8 comments:

Ryann said...

Adorable Erin. I loved the original and I love yours!

Karen B. said...

Fun and cute indeed, great idea to use circles instead of triangles for a banner, a nice twist to the norm. Love the ode to cherries and the polka dots too.

Jenny said...

Oh so cute and fun, I love the design Erin!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Erin! I love those little half circles under the bird wire. :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cute idea! I like the flag/clothesline look :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a fav idea.
Thanks for joining in at the SSC this week.
Hugs
Domi

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet card.
luv
Debby

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun!