Card Recognition

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Potato Optional

I think it's pretty obvious that I just love CAS cards... I think this one could use a little bit more, but I made it for Susan's One Layer Wednesday challenge (square with a outline stamp). I'm open to suggestions on how to dress up a one layer card, I tried a few other ideas (which might become another card a bit later), but didn't find anything that stayed true to the challenge theme. Since Susan is on the Mark's Finest Papers DT I thought I'd make a masculine card for their Speedy Cat Challenge at the same time. I think kraft works so well for a guy card. Sentimental Sunday's is asking for something funny and I think this sentiment is great, makes me laugh.

Materials: PTI couch and sentiment, PTI kraft, Stampin Up black ink, cheap black marker, Corner rounder

17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Erin - i adore that sentiment! I am laughing right now! hee hee Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

G Peplow said...

Brilliant card,He! he he :) x

Michellem said...

Simply fantastic!!

Karen B. said...

Oh this makes me laugh out loud. Your card is perfect in every way!

Deb Neerman said...

LOLOL, love this, Erin! What a great couple of stamps!

♥Jan♥ said...

Oh no, do not add one more thing to this card at all ! What a riot, I will laugh all night....

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Don't worry, I've written on it and sealed the envelope... now all I have to do is find the mailbox. One cute card heading to a new home.

Liz Williams said...

I think you have nailed this challenge for the masculine card for Speedy's Friend's challenge this week. I am still laughing because it is so stinkin' cute!!!

Julia Aston said...

Well, guys sure do love the couch! great masculine card - thanks for including Speedy in your challenges this week!

Bonita Rose said...

this is perfect.. great cas card!

Susan said...

Oh My!! I love this! Now I think I need to get that stamp set! This is too funny! Thanks so much for the laugh1

mudmaven said...

Oh this is just too cute! Wonderful sentiment. Thanks so much for playing in our Sentimental Sundays challenge this week. ~chris

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

This card is perfect, I am still chuckling at the sentiment. Can't help you with the "card dressing up" ideas because if I start your card will end up a loooooong way from CAS ha ha ha! Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

Kimberly S said...

Love the CAS layout and that fun sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

Jess said...

Hilarious! Love the sentiment, and the perfectly CAS, masculine card :)

Vanda Symon said...

It was a lovely treat to see it in the flesh (-;

Susan Raihala said...

LOL! That sentiment is HIGH-sterical! And the card is so clean and fresh. Thanks for playing!