Card Recognition

Thursday, June 23, 2011

two cup day!



Today's card is a remake of a card a friend sent me, I just "borrowed" the sentiment and added some stamped Hero Arts mugs to the background for the Embellish challenge.   I used the recent Hero Arts tutorial for using distress ink and water colors to color in the mugs, great tip if you haven't tried it yet.  I've used the Lawnscaping sketch, thinking of you Laurel.  And I thought I'd throw in the photo above to show you where I took this photo, since I'm at work and really should be doing work related stuff instead of photographing cards.


Materials: Hero Arts What's Perking mugs, mystery sentiment from Erica, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist paper, PTI kraft, Core'dinations Sugar and Spice red card stock, Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 4, Baker's Delight twine, Tim Holtz Distress ink, Antique Linen, Brick Red, Faded Jeans, water color pen, Stazon Cactus Green, Fiskars rotary scallop cuter

10 comments:

jen said...

Nice work getting those colors all in- and great use of the sketch! Those mugs look great with your cool technique!

Emily Keaton said...

Great colors, Erin! Love your coffee cups and coffee sentiment. LOVE your backdrop for your photo, too. :D

Karen B. said...

Great place to photo cards! Love it! And a fun card too.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is perfect, Erin! I love this card!! The mugs are so cute and I love that sentiment. I always have two cups. LOL

Laurel Beard said...

Great card Erin. And yes, I definitely love the sentiment..... Love all the color, twine and texture. Fabulous job, and thanks for thinking of me... :)

Sarah Martina said...

This is so fun! I can definitely relate to it. :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Super card, Erin....I love what you did with my Lawnscaping sketch. I especially love the twine and those mugs!

Marie said...

Such a fun card! Love the sentiment =) TFS!

Mariana Grigsby said...

How fun! I love those stamped mugs and the cute sentiment! :) Thanks for playing along with us!

Anonymous said...

Your handmade background looks great! I love the fun colors. I'm so glad you joined the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)