Card Recognition

Monday, August 15, 2011

smile



I find one layer cards challenging, so I thought I'd throw my hat in a couple of challenges this week, Less Is More and Lawnscaping are both doing on layer cards.  Less Is More wants you to use ink in a new or favorite way and I've used distress inks and a water color pen to color in the dragonflies, which I think is a great way to get a subtle use of color.  I've used the sketch from Skipping Stones.  Check out their fabulous Blogs 4 Boobies blog hop.  And then I got inspired after I made this one and made a second one with Lawn Fawn stamps.




Materials: PTI Happy Trails dragonflies and sentiment, Tim Holtz Distress inks (Aged Maghony, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood), Versamark, Versafine black ink, Fiskars corner rounder punch, PTI kraft card stock

Lawn Fawn Swim Suit season, Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It, Tim Holtz Distress inks fired brick and worn lipstick and antique linen, Versafine black ink, Recollections black rhinestones

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Two awesome cards, Erin. I find one layer cards difficult but you sure have embraced it!

Indy's Designs said...

Two very nice cards. I'm currently trying my luck at one layer cards, and I agree they are challenging!

artfuldelight said...

Love these cards, Kraft is my favorite card base. :-)

Virginia L. said...

Lovely cards, Erin!! I love the kraft card base and framing of the image!

Mandi said...

Delightful cards Erin
Glad you had fun and made 2 cards for us


Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

G Peplow said...

Hi Erin, Two great cards, I love dragonflies and the swimsuit/teddy is fab and looks like fun! Gay

Jenni's Jems said...

Really great cards but must say for me the second one has the edge ,it just seems to jump out at you !x

Chrissie said...

Two super one layer cards Erin!
Thanks so much for joining us... welcome to "Less is More" and we hope to see you again next time.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Sasha said...

Super LIM cards!

Laurel Beard said...

Lovely cards! Both of them. I am drawn to your second one. Love the bathing suit inside the frame against the kraft.... An I like how you colored the bathing suit! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

Jingle said...

These are great cards!

Sudha said...

Pretty creations dear.

~amy~ said...

Lovin' both of your cards!

Diane said...

Two pretty cards...you did a great job with the challenge!

Beryl K said...

Two lovely cards
Beryl x

Lisa Petrella said...

There you go...rockin' that Happy Trails set again!!! must resist. must resist. HA!

Both of these one-layer cards are AWESOME, Erin!! Great designs!