Card Recognition

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop, Happy Anniversary


Welcome to another PTI blog hop, a feast for all PTI fans of amazing creations.  This month Nichole has challenged us to spotlight our favorite project from last year and create a new project inspired by the favorite.
I made this thank you card last year for the Make It Monday brayer technique challenge and just love the way it looks.  I have been making all sorts of fabulous wine labels and since life in the motel business is pretty slow in the winter, I thought that I'd have a celebrations promotion-- book a room and the Outside Inn will toast you with a handmade label and maybe a special card.  Some friends came to stay last week who were celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary, so while I should've made this in advance, I promised if they came back after I'd gotten my act together I'd give them their belated gift, thankfully they're local and thought that sounded great.  So, cheers for my Feburary "special occasions" promotion at work... hopefully I will be making a few more of these labels?



Materials: Label: PTI Mat Stack 2 Collection, PTI In Bloom Impression plate, PTI Mat Stack 2 die, PTI double sided banner die, PTI edgers, PTI cream card stock, vellum, Perfect Pearls, Versafine black ink, Stampendous clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz distress inks: fired brick, worn lip stick, ripe persimmions, mustard seed, Tattered Angels black mist, PTI limitless circles 1 3/4th inch die, EK Success corner rounder


Card: PTI Daily Designs sentiment, PTI Mat Stack 1 die, PTI In Bloom Impression plate,  PTI cream and kraft card stock, vellum, Perfect Pearls, Versafine black ink, Tim Holtz distress inks: fired brick, worn lip stick, ripe persimmions, mustard seed, PTI limitless circles 1 3/4th inch die, EK 1 3/4th inch circle punch, May Arts natural string, Tim Holtz distress stain antique linen

21 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that you made the bottle tag from the card inspiration--fantastic!

Luanne said...

Love the cheery colors with that black and white sentiment. Wish I lived close to you, I'd visit your motel! :)

Karen C. said...

The colours are so warm and rich and the brayer technique gives a really unique look to the final project.

Lynn said...

Love the brayer technique. I have not ever done it but viewing your gorgeous creations motivates me!

Cassi said...

great brayer technique, what beautiful colors. i like how you made your own wine label and used the edger dies and imitless circles.

farmhouse-story said...

very pretty cards and tag, erin:)

Karen B. said...

So vibrant and bright! Cheers!

JJ Bolton said...

Neat technique! And great idea to make your own wine tags:)

Emily Keaton said...

What a gorgeous wine label, Erin! I remember that pretty card--the label coordinates perfectly!

Leigh Penner said...

These are stunning!

jen said...

I am buying a brayer. :)
These are fab! And what a wonderful offer!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What en elegant set!

Chunyuan said...

love what you did with that impression plate!

mplsbetty said...

Gorgeous card and wine label! Love the colors and you can never go wrong with wine! ;) Hugs, Betty

Cyndie said...

Great idea for the label--it's beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Great idea to make a tag like your favorite card. Why didn't I think of that :) Very pretty.

The Paper Parade said...

I love the colors! And what a neat technique...I missed that one. It was such a great idea to make your favorite card into a wine tag :)

victoria h said...

Love the sunset colours with the flower image

Emily Leiphart said...

But of course you would turn one of your favourite cards into a wine tag! LOL It's a beautiful as ever, Erin. I love it.

Suzanne Russell said...

The wine tag looks great! I love this technique and you proved how versatile it is! Great job.

Laura Williams said...

that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! what a great idea! :)