Card Recognition

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

let's chat


I just won a set of Paper Smooches stamps from Marie so as a thank you I thought it'd be fun to play along with the two challenges she's on the DT for, Paper Smooches Sparks (see photo below) and Young Crafters Unite (use sewing or stitching on your card).  I took a class a couple of weeks ago and Jenyfur gave us some tips for working with Faber Castell gelatos, and I'm hooked.  Too bad I only bought 4 of them...  



Materials: Paper Smooches Vogue Abode, Sassafras Lass Stitchery, PTI On My Couch, Faber Castell gelatos, Tattered Angels black mist, Versafine black ink, Stampendous clear embossing powder, vellum, PTI white card stock, PTI Tag It Sale die, Stampin Up yellow ribbon

12 comments:

Marie said...

Such a fabulous card, Erin! I'm happy to see that you're enjoying your new stamps =) I love the green background behind the chair image, those are some beautiful shades of green! Thank you so much for playing along for both the YCU and SPARKS challenges =)

~amy~ said...

**gorgeous** wow...really love what you've done with that tag...it's pretty spectacular.

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute, Erin! I love how those markers look like paint on the tag. Awesome use of the chair and I love the stitching on vellum, too!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, now this is a fun card. The green pops and I love the detail with the pillow.

Lynn said...

I love the zipper on the back of the card...so cool Erin!

kasia c. said...

Erin, this is fabulous!
I LOOOOVE that tag, the green background is awesome, as is your stitching. Super fun!

Emily Keaton said...

What a cool card, Erin! Love the tag you made with your gelatos. :)

Jenyfur said...

I agree with Marie - fantastic green background on the tag, and I love the stitching. Glad you're liking the Gelatos - addicting huh!

Rose said...

WOW! love your tag!!! :)

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is CUTE! Love your little tag, nice use of the SPARKS challenge.

Jen W. said...

Awesome! Love the funky stitching and the subtle misting and the cool colouring effect. :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun card--LOVE the stitching and the inking on the tag! FAB! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)