Card Recognition

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday boy reading cards

Happy Saturday!  I finally sorted my book themed card order today (beware there's a few more coming on my blog tomorrow).  But today I've got two to share, love taking the same pieces and making slightly different cards.  I've used the faux embossing technique with the PTI impression plate (click here for my tutorial on it).

For this card I used the woodgrain embossing folder for the Mat Stack 3 die so I could play along with the A Passion For Papertrey gals.


And this one I've used the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

Materials: Top Card: Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It sentiment, PTI All Booked Up, PTI All Booked Up Impression plate, PTI Mat Stack 3 die, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, Tattered Angels black mist, Versafine black ink,  PTI Double Sided banner die, EK Success 1 3/4th inch cirlce punch, May Arts ribbon, Tim Holtz distress stain antique linen, PTI kraft card stock, water color paper

Bottom Card: Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It sentiment, PTI All Booked Up, PTI All Booked Up Impression plate, PTI Mat Stack 1 die, Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder, Versafine black ink,  PTI Double Sided banner die, EK Success 1 3/4th inch cirlce punch, PTI 1 3/4th inch Limitless Layers die, May Arts natural string, Tim Holtz distress stain antique linen, PTI kraft card stock, water color paper, black card stock, vellum

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful creations. Not sure if I could create so many cards of one subject, but you've seem to got it down!

Rose said...

wonderful card for your birthday order :)
*bet our cards tomorrow look nothing alike! lol

Dana said...

Oooh the woodgrain looks so good on that first card, and I love the vellum sentiment on the second. Reading rocks.:)

jen said...

you always make that set shine... :) Well done on your order!

Christina said...

Hooray for finishing your order! I hope you're all packed for your trip and have safe travels, my friend. Thanks for sharing these fabby cards first--I just ordered some of that chevron twill and hope I'll be able to convince myself not to hoard it!

Kelly S. said...

That is such a pretty image, and it looks wonderful with the text background! How come I always forget to stamp sentiments on vellum? Thanks for reminding me :)

Marybeth said...

Both look great and I love your use of the stamped vellum.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such wonderful cards Erin! Love all the texture and beautiful images!
Have a great day, hugs, Karin

Aimes said...

Rockin' those neutrals, Erin!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
x

~amy~ said...

nice...love them both...great neutral colored cards.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely use of the sketch live the colours too!!

Jean Martin said...

These are lovely! The neutrals are perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)